“Great Find” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ristorante Rumari
Ranked #76 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluebird Canyon & Diamond
Canada
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

While vacationing, the hotel concierge suggested this place. We walked there and where seated right away. Excellent warm cozy Italian resturant feeling. Service was impeccable! Whenever you sit down in an Italian resturant to eat and your waiter is an older professional gentleman you know you picked the right place. Not to mention the other staff that was right there to take your empty plate. Food was perfect, full of flavour, right temperature, eh...justa like momma used too make....Priced just right. You have to go here if in Laguna Beach

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank hacksawCanada
Thank you, hacksawCanada!

We're glad we were recommended to you, and that you had a great experience. We hope to see you again!

Laguna Beach, California
“Anniversary celebration delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

My husband and I had celebrated the blessing of our wedding by the church here in July 2012. We had come earlier in the year and again this July. The food and service are always good; I especially like that they always have a gluten free pasta so I can still enjoy traditional Italian food.

Visited July 2014
Sylvia P,

Thank you for sharing your great experience. We love hearing that you had a great Anniversary dinner here. Please come back and visit us again soon!
Los Angeles
“Wish it had been a better experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Our friends took my husband and me to dinner last Saturday (July 5) to celebrate my birthday. They had eaten here a couple of times before and highly recommended it. Although they made our dinner reservation more than two weeks in advance and we saw 5 different tables for 4 available when we got to the restaurant, the hostess told us the only table WE could have was the one nearest a busy server walkway & bus station complete with cutlery clanking loudly, and a strong air conditioning unit directly above it blowing cold, drafty air directly onto the table. Initially, we politely asked the hostess to please seat us at one of the 4 other available tables because we would not be comfortable at that one. She said no, because OTHER people had specifically requested all of those tables in advance - yet they weren't there! Our friends told her THEY ALSO requested a special table in advance, and could not fathom why our particular reservation asking for a good table to celebrate a birthday dinner was less "important" than the other reservations, and why WE were the ones she was forcing to sit at the worst available table, when the other people were not even there yet! WE booked in advance, too, and requested a good table, and we were there FIRST. Well, the hostess said "Look, I'm doing the best I can!" and she got the manager, who was, amazingly, even worse! He said "NO, you CAN'T sit at any of the other tables, because they are RESERVED for others who asked for them" - clearly, for more important people than us, whose money is worth more than ours - who ARE these people? At that point, our friends insisted that we be able to CHOOSE a table from the 4 other good ones, that we RESERVED in advance also, especially because WE were the ones who were there, and the other people had not arrived! The manager, fuming, said "Fine, take the table, but you don't have to act like THAT!" Like WHAT, exactly? Like insulted that we were going to get the worst table in the place, when there were 4 better tables available with no one there to claim them? Or that "other" people could ask for a good table, but we'd better take the worst table in the place? Shame on us for speaking up. I shudder. This was a very unpleasant experience! Why three stars after being treated so rudely? THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS, and the server (wish I knew her name) was an ANGEL! She should NOT be working there!! They don't deserve her!! We will NEVER go back. Ciao!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank TaraLosAngeles
TaraLosAngeles,

Thank you for your feedback. We're very sorry to hear of the experience you had. Please know that we are constantly working hard and striving to keep customer satisfaction at 100% We're sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.
Woodland Hills, CA
“I wish Ristorante Rumari was near my home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a really nice place to grab dinner. It is a little bit outside of the main drag of Laguna Beach (which is a good thing). The pasta was great and the bread was really good. I would eat here again in a second. It was really busy on Friday evening so I would suggest reservations.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mikepoly
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were referred by concierge at st Regis. Waiter did not write down order and brought my salad wrong. Brought it right second time. Then for main corse I ordered chicken plain and she said no problem but it was brought smothered in sauce. I cancelled order and picked up a salad at Gelson's on way back to hotel.it was a pricey restaurant so you would think they would hire experienced waiters. I told the concierge about my experience so they should be careful about referring guests to this restaurant .

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank rosalae s
Rosalae S,

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that we are constantly working to make sure that our customer service is up to par. We're sorry for the poor experience you had. If you're ever in town, please come back and pay us another visit for a complete satisfactory experience.