“Great place for a quiet dinner”
Review of Ristorante Rumari

Ristorante Rumari
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Rumari is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bluebird Canyon & Diamond
Highland
“Great place for a quiet dinner”
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

A little bit of Italy right in a beach town. Our waiter was from Italy and served us well. The Antipasta Misto was just like my mother used to make, soo good! The Alfredo was light and creamy, not thick and floury like some "Italian" places. The coziness of the small place added to the experience. Reservations recommended!

Visited May 2013
Vince C, Owner at Ristorante Rumari, responded to this review, January 13, 2016

We're glad to hear you had a wonderful experience and appreciate our authentic Italian cuisine. Please come and see us again soon!

Loreto
“Great Italian food and service”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very elegant dining room and a great bar area make this restaurant my favorite whenever I am visiting Laguna Beach. The wait staff are all very attentive and friendly and the food is outstanding. Great wine selection and they also have some wonderful Grappa as well. For those warm nights, they also have an outdoor patio (although it is very small). Well worth a visit!!

Visited March 2013
Granbury, Texas
“Norhtern Italy in Laguna Beach”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have been going to Rumari for some years. The food is fresh and the and the deco is great.
Most of the wait staff are from Italy and the food makes you feel you are in Italy.
This is a must for those visiting Laguna or for those that live in the area.

• Visited October 2012
Cali
“Finally...”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Always passed by...never tried. Until recently. Great value and delicious Italian food. Service could not have been nicer and more professional. Atmosphere was wonderful too. Pesto sauce is there specialty and if you like it, let me tell you, they're pretty heavy-handed with the ladle; you will be full.

Visited October 2012
“Wonderful experience and excellent food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

I have spent 25 years trying to find a place that provided the quality of food that I grew up on. Our family planned a weekend in Laguana where we would have options for dinner and be on the beach. Lucky for us we found Ristorante Rumari. The service was great and the atmosphere cozy. My 6 yr old boy (who eats like bird) asked for lasagna--while they offer child portions they were not able to offer for this menu item. I have never known him to order lasagna but he insisted. Weighing only 38lbs I have no idea how he put it all away but he did while also eating the delicious bread and asking for more. We were all very pleased with the choice and and would highly recommend for smaller parties of 6-8 or less. I never take the time to write reviews but upon exiting I asked for the manager, thanked him for the great dining experience and food and informed him that it was so wonderful that I would take the time to post a review. Next time through we will certainly make a stop for Ristorante Rumari.