“Where the locals go”
Review of Dizz's As Is

Dizz's As Is
Reserve with OpenTable
Dizz's As Is is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 178 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Victoria Dr.
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Im told this is where the locals go and I could see why. The food was great, the staff was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed. It was a short walk from our B&B and we would never have nown about it if not for our hotel staff clueing us in. I highly recommend you give this place a shot!

1  Thank Adam H

Reviewed September 9, 2012

It's all about expectations. A friend recommended this restaurant and the reviews and restaurant website suggested it would be worth the trip. We dined indoors and the decor was a little tired, rather than the bohemian art deco that I had expected. The presentation of the menu on plastic pages was a little annoying--but we went with it for the fun of something new. The food, however, was mediocre at best. (Exception--the pate that starts the meal was delicious). The filet, whether the 4 oz portion or the larger 10 oz, was not of great quality, even if it was cooked as specified. Vegetable preparations were bland. The pesto in a pasta dish was very oily and looked unappetizing on the plate. We probably would have liked it better if we didn't come with expectations that this was going to be a special meal. I would look elsewhere in Laguna Beach.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Our salads (Caesar and Spinach) were nothing more than greens with a bottled dressing poured over them. We could not eat more than 2 bites each. My husband's petite filet was cooked perfectly on the outside and raw on the inside. He ordered it medium. My pop lamb chops were ordered medium and were rare or raw on the inside. I asked to have them made medium. They returned them overcooked and extremely salty. In fact, both the filet and lambs chops were covered with a salty brown gravy which helped give flavor to otherwise insipid meat. The bread was a half loaf of bread that was dried out in the oven. We were appalled at the quality of the meal, especially since it had been recommended by our B&B. We talked with the GM of our B&B and expressed our disappointment with the restaurant and questioned whether they should continue to recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank jtfran
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have been going to Laguna Beach for years! (grew up in Redondo beach) I learned about Dizz as is from local surfers on Victoria Beach 40 years ago!! The food, atmosphere, bar, outdoor patio all very cool!! Check it out!!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

DIzz's has been in Laguna for 35 years. I have been going there for most of those 35 years. Charming set in a house, the menus are on plastic enclosed paper that you pass around. You start with pate and vermouth. Soup or salad is included in the price of the meal. All place settings are different. This is like a grown up tea party. The owners sons have taken over and have continued the great food and fun. The current host made you feel as you were not only a welcome guest but family. When he found out it was my sisters birthday, he volunteered an absolutely fantastic toast. You need reservations. Outdoor seating is ok. You have steep stairs and competition with PCH. But whatever you do, let this be a stop if you are ever in Laguna.

2  Thank TrippyLawyer