“Good to get lost at times.”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 182 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

While driving in the Laguna Beach area we got lost. While in search of a place to eat we spotted carmelita's on the corner. At first glance it was quiet and empty. Looks definitely was deceiving. Once we're seated we got served some fresh and warm nacho chips with salsa and guacamole (I think). The rest of the food was superb. Service was very good as well. Overall a nice place to dine.

Reviewed August 10, 2017

I went for lunch on the recommendation of a local and was a bit worried based on the location being right on the main corner, thinking it would be less than great, catering to one time visitors....I was very wrong.

First, the place is charming, well laid out, spotless and has a very nice ambiance. I was greeted immediately by very friendly, enthusiastic staff member. I was seated right away and ordered a "barrel select" Margarita.....excellent. The Menu is very good, I would say small, but not limited, covers all the taste profiles you would expect in a Mexican Restaurant.

My server Alex, was able to describe the dishes perfectly, and I chose the Famous Carnita's. It was delicious.I have been to some of the best Mexican Restaurants in both the US and Mexico and I was just amazed by this dish.

I returned the next day and had a different entree, also perfect and plan on going again today, to try another lunch.

This place is an absolute gem!!!! Enjoy it.

Reviewed August 3, 2017

The food and service were beyond our expectation for a restaurant in the heart of the summer tourist infiltration. The place has a cool vibe, great margaritas and chimichangas which have disappeared from many menus...all very good

Reviewed July 26, 2017

Went here around lunch time. Started out with their complimentary chips, salsa and bean dip. Polishhed those of quickly. Twice. I can't even remember what we all ordered, but we enjoyed it. Great little space with nice atmosphere. Love when you can see the kitchen.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

We really enjoyed our visit to Carmelita's--and from the looks of it--we aren't the only ones! Of all the places we ate in Laguna Beach, this was our favorite. The restaurant was packed out at 4:30p! We felt that the dishes were freshly prepared and seasoned perfectly. Chips are served with both their excellent black bean dip and homemade salsa.The waitress was spot on and continuously replenished our drinks, chips, dip, and salsa. Portions were HUGE so watch the amount of chips you eat. LOL.