“Great food, greast service, great location”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 175 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The food was excellent. The bean dip was very good. The portions were big, the quality and taste were consistent with the location. Carmelita's is a must if you are craving good quality Mexican food. The beer is very cold too.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Probably among the best margaritas I have ever had. The bean dip was amazing. I had the Camarones al mojo (shrimp with butter and garlic) and it was very very good. I highly recommed this place.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Made a reservation a week in advance and seemingly got one of the last tables. Loved the margaritas and chips and dip/salsa. Entrees were even better. Expect a relatively quick dinner once you sit down. Would return again and again.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

We went to Carmelita's to celebrate my birthday and I'm so glad we did. We were visiting Laguna Beach from Seattle and I only discovered Carmelita's a few days before we arrived - so, they didn't have any 7/8pm reservations available. We went anyway, expecting an hour wait on a Friday night, which is what they quoted us. About 40 minutes later they texted & called to let us know our table was ready - it's always nice when you don't wait the fully-quoted time! We spent that 40 minutes walking around the beach and shops, so it went by fast anyway. We had guacamole, spicy margs, the carnitas, and the marisco trio. And of course, 10,000 chips and salsa and black bean dip. I'm not even that into black beans, but that dip is delicious! Everything was SO tasty and our server was friendly. The atmosphere is dim and hip, but not TOO dim and hip (geez, I feel old writing that) - there was a variety of patrons. Go there!

1  Thank Elly E
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Best Mexican Food I've had in years - would highly recommend having either lunch or dinner here. The Carnitas were outstanding!