“Perfect”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 172 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Went here for lunch based on great reviews. We were not disappointed, food service and ambiance were perfect. Quality and freshness were spot on. We will most certainly be back here soon. I ordered the jalapeño appetizer and usually shy away from these as they are always frozen and re warmed but these are done daily from scratch and were amazing.

There are newer reviews for Carmelita's

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

We chose this based on all the reviews from here. The food was awesome service was great. If you love mexican this is the place.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

The food was cooked excellent and the presentation was great. A couple of us in our group ordered their special for the day which was a salmon burrito. The portions was huge enough to share for 2 people. I also ordered the halibut which was awesome. The guacamole was great but it would probably be better if they chopped up the avocado all the way because we had some huge chunks in it. Other than that, the service was great and we'd definitely come back again the next time we go on vacation.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

My partner and I went to Carmelita’s for dinner while we were visiting California, and overall, we had a very delicious Mexican meal with great service.

We arrived about half an hour early for our 9:30 reservation, which was the only same-day opening they had for Friday night. We sat the bar, and talked to a few people there. Apparently you can sit at the bar and be served food, so you don't technically need to have a reservation to go.

When we sat down, we actually ordered what the people at the bar next to us ordered – tacos for two. Normally I wouldn't go into the restaurant and order just one main dish because my partner I like to try out different foods, but in this case, I'm glad we "limited" ourselves. While there are other options on the menu that look delicious when we saw them going out, we were very satisfied with the tacos for two. There were shrimp and chicken and steak, along with some delicious corn and rice. Surprisingly, these tacos didn't come with anything but what I just listed. There was no crunch element to the dish. We asked for some lettuce, and she brough out cheese, lettuce and salsa, which, really, they should have done in the first place. But nevertheless, it made some great tacos.

For appetizer, we ordered the guacamole and ceviche. However, at the end, we were very full, and I would suggest ordering just one appetizer with the tacos for two.

The service was very friendly throughout, and the manager came around to talk to people. They seem to care about the enjoyment of the guests, which is definitely nice.

Overall, I would definitely recommend going to Carmelita’s, and we had a great meal. Actually, later that weekend my friends were going to Laguna for Mexican, and I told them to go here and order exactly what we did!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Fantastic Mexican food. It seemed very popular with the locals, came recommended and did not disappoint.