“Delicious and highly recommended by locals”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious and highly recommended by locals”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This is real, fresh mexican food. It was recommended by at least 4 locals and we were not disappointed. I had the Tostada salad and my husband had the Carnitas. Everything was so fresh. The guacamole and black bean dip was outstanding. It was so good I could not stop eating even though I was full. :) Yummm Thank you.

• Finnish first
London
“Nice Mexican food, great margaritas”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch. Almost inmediately the gave us tortillas, beans and some red stuff. We asked for a couple of great margaritas. Later, we had lobster enchilada (superb) and chicken fajitas (great, but needed more guacamole). Bill was around $35 per person, tip included. Waitress was extremely kind.

Visited January 2014
“Fish Tacos!”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I don't know how they do it, but Carmelita's has the best fish tacos I have ever had in my life! If I lived in Laguna Beach I would eat here at least once a week. Great chips and salsa, too!

Laguna Woods, California
“short visit”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I were only in for a beer or two and was pleasantly surprised by the nice selection and the complimentary chips and salza and bean dip. All was very good and the bartender was affable and we vowed to return to sample various menu items on our visits to Laguna Beach. A small yet enjoyable atmosphere just across the street from the large "lake".

1 Thank Marv T
South Pole
“Great Mexican!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across this restaurant whilst exploring the streets of Laguna Beach. An unassuming frontage opens into a lively eatery. It was loud and ideal for our young family. The staff were attentive and helped us chose from the menu. We all really enjoyed the food, the right balance between heat and flavour. The service was great too. Thank you!