“Love it!”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Love it!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

This gem is a diamond! Love, love Carmelita's! Exceptional menu, staff is friendly and warm and very convenient location. There is no down side here.

• Visited August 2013

• Finnish first
“Not your typical Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Based on Yelp reviews, my husband and I went to Carmelitas for dinner. The place was packed at 7:00 on a Tuesday with an hour plus wait. The very helpful hostess asked if we just wanted to do take-out as an option, but we chose to wait to see if we could find a place at the bar. After 30 minutes, some patrons left and we took their stools. We immediately were given menus, waters, and chips, salsa, and beans. My husband tried the grilled pineapple margarita which he enjoyed while I stuck to a traditional one (also good). We shared shrimp ceviche served with a fan of avocado (great to eat with the chips), a cotijo Caesar salad, and the lobster enchiladas. They were all delicious and very fresh. The service was also outstanding.

Visited August 2013
Orange county
“Oh my goodness...Mexican foodie heaven”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This was our first time dining here. We were able to get a last minute reservation at 5. Always make a reservation. it gets packed...even on a Monday. I started with the ceviche.which was very fresh and the cucumber, cilantro margarita..a perfect pairing! I would recommend the Serrano Chicken..so moist and delicious. The churros are homemade! We will be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank becky47
Akron, Ohio
“Come hungry, leave happy”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night with my wife and son based on a review in OC magazine. We were not disappointed! We arrived about 7:00 and we had to wait about 15 minutes. We ordered drinks at the bar while we watched the hall of fame football game and munched on chips, salsa and black bean dip. When our table was ready we ordered right away. I ordered carnitas and my wife and son ordered burritos, one shrimp and one veggie. Even though it was crowded, it didn't take too long for our food to arrive. We were all in shock at the portion size! It was huge. In a few minutes we were also delighted to find it was delicious as well! My carnitas were crispy pork on the surface and moist inside. I wrapped the tasty meat in flour tortillas along with beans and rice. It was great, but I could only eat about 1/2 the portion. My wife took about 1/2 hers home as well. My son powered through and ate his entire portion. On our trip to California, this has been our favorite meal so far. It also is a good value since most items are about $16-18

• Visited August 2013
Orange
“Muy Bueno!”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This place was amazing. The food was delicious and, very unique and the drinks were fun and creative, to say the least. This restaurant was crazy busy, but fortunately we had reservations, and were seated promptly. The service was excellent, from chips and salsa and black bean dip, to the entrees and jalapeno margaritas. The busboys were as attentive as the waiters and they complemented each other in their super service. My only complaint was that it was so loud. We really could not carry on a conversation across the table and we were only a party of four. I'd love to come back when it was less crowded, to imbibe in the great food and cocktails, and enjoy my guests!

• Visited July 2013