“Delicious and fresh”
Review of Carmelita's

Carmelita's
Reserve with OpenTable
Carmelita's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Delicious and fresh”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I absolutely adore this little gem in Laguna Beach. I am really delighted they are now featuring multiple menu items with organic chicken. I love to sit at the bar and enjoy the cheery atmosphere and attentive staff while savoring the delicious black beans and fresh salsa. The menu is interesting and filled with authentic Mexican fare. I have never had anything that has not been freshly prepared and totally delicious. The staff is always willing to tweak an order. I can't comment on Margaritas, as I don't drink them, but I enjoy watching everyone else. I love their wine selection and love listening to the bartendars talk about all the different tequillas. They are passionat about their tequillas!
Such a fun spot and worth any parking hassle you might encounter!!

• Finnish first
Dana Point, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprized!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I first heard Carmelitas was coming to Laguna Beach, I thought it was a little taco shop. I was not aware of their other businesses. I work near the building and was concerned a business like this would not work, as nothing really has in this location. Well I was wrong on all parts, the place is far from a taco shop. It has a beautiful design, great ambiance and is located across the street from Main Beach. The food it really good, gourmet Mex cuisine. I believe everything is made from scratch, very fresh and very tasty. The bar is also cool, with a nice view of the beach if you get the optimal side of the bar. The servers are friendly and knowledgeable which just enhances the experience more.

What a great way to end your day, hit Main Beach all day, roll up half a block to Carmelitas and have a marg and one of their amazing dishes. A must visit in Laguna.

• Visited March 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Carmelita's Kitchen - brilliant”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Wonderful margaritas, a share plate for a couple, delicious food, great service - would definitely be back next time! Make sure you check out the right website - http://carmelitaskitchen.com/

• Visited April 2013
“Awesome food and service.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We found this this restaurant online when looking for a good Mexican restaurant in the Newport Beach or Laguna Beach area. Las Brisas was recommended to us by a friend, but we read many negative reviews online. We found Carmelita's online and decided to give it a try. On the way into the restaurant a local customer gave it a very strong recommendation. The food was excellent. We started with fresh guacamole, then two of us had seafood enchiladas, one had lobster chile rellenos, and one had traditional tacos. The ingredients were fresh and tasty with a nice presentation. The margaritas were also very good and made with fresh squeezed lime juice and agave. Our waiter, Jesus, ranked among the best I have had, and I travel frequently and eat in many high end restaurants. The host was top notch as well. Overall, Carmelita's offers high quality food, excellent service, and is a great value. The only possible negative is that the space is small and the atmosphere is spirited (can be a little on the noisy side).

Orinda, California
“Great Margaritas, Excellent Service, and Amazing Food!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a group of 10 and an 8pm reservation. We came about an hour early with the intention of watching the ballgame at their bar and possibly getting seated a bit earlier if possible as half our group were teens. The host was incredibly accommodating and said that half of our table was ready and they were just waiting for the adjacent table to leave. He suggested letting the kids sit at the open table while we adults enjoyed some margaritas at the bar until the other table was ready. Perfect!

Once seated, service was efficient and the food incredible. Everyone at our table raved about their meal. Can't wait to return to Laguna beach and to come back to Carmelita's!