“Overpriced and poor service”

Splashes Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Bird Canyon and Coast Hwy
Description: Terraced above the beach, with waves breaking just 25 feet below, the casually elegant Splashes Restaurant boasts some of California's best views and finest cuisine. Whether seated in the dining room or alfresco on the palm-shaded patio, you'll enjoy American Coastal Cuisine set against a dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

I am a local and used to come regularly. Last several experiences at the bar where you can eat and in the restaurant have been horrible. The food was either delayed to some, poorly prepared or just forgotten. Very expensive due to the great location. But service is poor with an attitude. And the manager is of no help. If you can get his attention he would rather put blame on you. Very poor for very high pricing. Try Broadway, Stonehill at the St. Regis or Studio at the Montage for these prices!!

Date of visit: March 2016
Ante D, Director of Food & Beverage at Splashes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2016

Dear Micahel B.,

We appreciate your business as a local a great deal. It is very disappointing to hear that we have come up short in providing memorable experiences.
Your feedback invites reflection as we aim to continually improve. The attitude you have received is certainly of concern and it will be addressed.
Splashes is known for warm and genuine relationships.

Mr. Michael, I would indeed appreciate a moment of your time to personally discuss your experiences in greater detail. As I mentioned, your patronage is very important and we would be honored to pursue it.
Please reach out to me at your convenience directly at 949 376 2758, or adapic@jcresorts.com.

Thank you again and enjoy your day.

Yours in Service,

Ante Dapic
Director of Food & Beverage

Write a reviewReviews (939)

Reviewed August 21, 2016

Great place to have a wonderful dinner with a beautiful ambience. The food is excellent and the view is great

Reviewed August 19, 2016

Such a great way to start our trip in Laguna! I ordered a chicken caesar salad & my husband ordered the special lobster grilled cheese sandwich. Both were fantastic, and the view + tasty margarita were the icing on the cake! A must visit if you are in Laguna. We will be back!

Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Had dinner here with my son last night. Food, service and ambience were good. Staff was very polite. My son had the lobster which he said was really good. He wouldn't let me try so I can't comment. For my appetizer I choose the Brussel sprout salad which was ok. Couldn't tell if it was lightly fried or roasted with a lot of oil. There was entirely too much sauce on the plate. I had the scallops for my entree. They were perfectly caramelized but had different sauces on each scallop. I had two drinks and after the first scallop I didn't know what I was eating. A good scallop is so delicious it simply needs to be caramelized and served with a mild, light sauce or fresh lemon. Would I go back? I don't know.

1  Thank ramonknows
Reviewed August 17, 2016

The reason to go to Splashes is the view. There are multiple levels, but the lowest is just above the sand in Laguna Beach with, if you sit right, infinity views of the ocean. We had a view of Catalina the night we were there. That's hard to beat and otherwise not available in Laguna. Time your visit to sunset.

The food is certainly good and we enjoyed our meal, but the reason to go is the view and the experience. The menu is somewhat limited, which is fine. There are a range of seafood and meat selections. We both had seafood (halibut and swordfish). Both were well prepared. The wine list is extensive and includes a number of reasonably-priced bottles.

The servers were a bit overtaxed and made a couple of mistakes.