“A mix of all the good things in life”

Splashes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Splashes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Bird Canyon and Coast Hwy
Description: Terraced above the beach, with waves breaking just 25 feet below, the casually elegant Splashes Restaurant boasts some of California's best views and finest cuisine. Whether seated in the dining room or alfresco on the palm-shaded patio, you'll enjoy American Coastal Cuisine set against a dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
New York City, New York
“A mix of all the good things in life”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We went to Splashes and sat in the bar area at a table in the lower level, next to an open window. The view was of Catalina Islands and we saw the sunset and were literally atop the sand and could hear the waves and watch the people on the beach. It was invigorating. There were bar specials served only in the bar area, but we didn't indulge in the seafood specials. I ordered a starter for two, BBQ shrimp with macaroni and cheese. It was out of this world. I went home and tried to recreate it, it was that good. We ordered a bottle of cakebread wine and it was reasonably priced and perfect. I enjoyed a steak dinner and a few glasses of wine and the memory is of the excellent service with an affable waiter, the views, and the delicious food. Hot and tasty. Chef did an awesome job and we sent compliments to the chef. Very different selection on the menu besides standard fares, loved this place. It was about $100 a person with the drinks. Worth it!

• Visited August 2013

• Thai first
Marina del Rey, California
“Great Service, Awesome Location”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location and view from this cliffside restaurant in Laguna is stunning, as is the incredible service. Unfortunately, the food wasn't as scrumptious as we had expected, but we only visited for brunch, and then breakfast the next day. There's probably something to be said about not having any tables available for guests available on the same night...It's probably outstanding.
Our brunch started with a desperately needed Bloody Mary, which was nice and fresh and presented well with the traditional celery, olives, and lime. Perfect. Then, we went straight for the truffle tater tots that were exploding with flavor! If you go there...order these even if it sounds remedial. They won't disappoint! The salad I ordered was crisp, fresh, and tasty. I highly recommend the Horseradish dressing! Renny ordered the paella, and liked it very much, but it didn't transport him to another world. I ordered an egg dish with potatoes and mushrooms. It sounded amazing and was highly recommended by our server. Unfortunately, I wasn't pleased at all, and found it to be pretty boring and tasteless, so I ended up sending it back.
The next morning we enjoyed breakfast in the main dining room. Our server, Abel, was a pro. Wonderfully friendly, witty, and made our meal better, just by being himself. A truly incredible waiter! I didn't take Abel's advice...I was weak and went for the Huevos Rancheros. Mistake. Although it wasn't bad, it did take an order of fresh jalapeños and hot sauce to make this dish better. It came with a molé sauce, rather than a tomatillo. Renny ordered a traditional lox and bagel. He was happy, and the presentation was actually pretty inspiring, served on bagel chips rather than what he was used to getting.
Overall, it was good. Not great. We'll only be back at this restaurant if we are lucky enough to come up with an excuse to stay at the Surf and Sand Resort again...what a place!

California
“We saw dolphins!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant/bar is right on the beach, so the view is wonderful. We even saw a bunch of dolphins swim by. And the food is superior. And I realize that this resort is pricey, so I was kinda prepared. But over $100 for 3 people to have lunch and a drink? Nachos, fish tacos and a burger. Ouch. Next day while at the pool we ordered 3 salads and a drink. Again over $100. Wow.

Los Angeles
“breakfast and diner this time”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Consistent service and food make a good place to eat,enjoy and hang out. Throw in the ocean view, and you have a winner. Second time around at Splashes and it made the grade. Service was again attentive, took our order, asked if we had any questions and got the order right. Menu items were tasty, decent portions and did not feel hungry when we left. I don't always remember what I ate when I eat out but that is not always a negative thing. I think often times we remember what we do not like but I liked the food. Breakfast also was good, and all the details were taken care of. Very good coffee too. Location was wonderful to see in the early morning, watching the waves pound the sand. Overall , make Splashes a part of your visit.

• Visited September 2013
“Quaint, gorgeous spot. Food was great. View was better.”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here based on friends recommendation. Kinda of hidden away. Hidden away like a treasure. We sat in the at area facing the pacific. Oysters were outstanding. Fig and Brie burger was amazing. Had their Sunset cocktail. Loved this spot. Not easy to find, but worth the time.