“Great Ambiance!”

Splashes Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Splashes Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 176 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Blue Bird Canyon and Coast Hwy
Description: Terraced above the beach, with waves breaking just 25 feet below, the casually elegant Splashes Restaurant boasts some of California's best views and finest cuisine. Whether seated in the dining room or alfresco on the palm-shaded patio, you'll enjoy American Coastal Cuisine set against a dramatic backdrop of the Pacific Ocean.
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This restaurant is pricey, but worth it. The food is usually very good. If you can get a table by the window, nothing beats it! It's very romantic. Sometimes they have spa/lunch packages that are quite the deal and fun with a girlfriend.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

love love love the food, service great, we had breakfast here every morning of our 5 night stay and ate here for dinner and the food was lovely!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The food and service at Splashes is incredibly wonderful. My swordfish was cooked to perfection, I've never had such a perfectly cooked piece of fish. My husband ordered the lamb, and he said it was the best meal he's ever had. Everything from our appetizer and drink in the bar and our salads, entrees and dessert in the restaurant was incredibly perfect. Seriously, this was the best meal I've had in years. Our table was outdoors on a somewhat chilly night and although we didn't need a blanket, it was nice to know that we could have a blanket because our amazing server Kiko offered us one. I must not forget to mention that Kiko is quite knowledgable about every detail on the menu. He told us he's tried everything! Definitely this place is worth the price. Will be going back and soon. Thanks Kiko for your amazing service.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had an unbelievable experience. I asked for a vegetable menu item to be sautéed or panfried rather than deep fried in a fryer that they use for everything...yes, that means, fish, fries, veggies in the same fryer. In any restaurant I have ever been to this small request would have been fine..at SPLASHES, IT WAS NOT! The waiter came to our table and said the chef was in a bad mood and would not do it. I was absolutely surprised, how could this be? The front end manager was standing right next to our table I asked him. He said that should not be a problem at all. He left came back, said nope, the CHEF IS IN A BAD MOOD, so he won't sauté' the dish for you, it's deep fried or nothing. Really? On top of that, the one item I could eat was horrible, had to send it back, went somewhere else to eat.

3  Thank jjrrff
Surf_and_Sand_Resort, Assc. Director of Food & Beverage at Splashes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear jjrrff,

Thank you for your review regarding your Splashes experience.
I sincerely apologize for the lack of flexibility in your request. As I am looking into it, rest assured that this unfortunate episode is not our way of treating our valuable guests. Accommodating requests and exceeding expectations is our focus. We appreciate you choosing us and sincerely regret the let down.
Our Executive Chef and I would like to personally invite you back for a memorable evening at your convenience. We kindly ask you the opportunity to show our service and food excellence we are well known for.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we will see you at Splashes again. Please reach out to me directly as I would like to invite you back personally.
My direct line is 949 376 2775 and email adapic@jcresorts.com.

Yours in Service,

Ante Dapic
Assc. Food & Beverage Director

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been a huge fan of Splashes for decades. I could count on good food, a great view and attentive service. In fact, I was there last month with friends, celebrating a birthday. We had a wonderful experience.
Last night's dinner was not the same. We happened to sit at the same table, so I hoped to have the same server. No such luck. Our waiter last night disappeared for 20 minutes several times...once when he brought the wine list, and again after the salad plates were cleared and main course was served. We had to ask for our fourth desert after he'd brought the other three, twice. My friend requested a glass of water three times before it was delivered. When our bill came, we were worn out and didn't have the energy to argue about a $7 charge for the glass of water.
As for food...the Caesar salad was weak...not crispy at all. Although my swordfish was warm, all the veggies on the plate were room temp. The desserts we had were just OK.
Maybe it was because it was a Monday night, or the full moon, or an I attentive manager, but it'll be a long while before I'll want to return.

Surf_and_Sand_Resort, Assc. Food & Beverage Director at Splashes Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear BanningPilot,

We sincerely appreciate the detailed review you have provided. It is very disheartening to hear your experience in terms of culinary and service attention has been less than satisfactory. All our efforts are put into creating valuable and memorable experiences and creating relationships with our guests.

It is wonderful to hear that you have been a fan of Splashes for a long time, and I hope you can believe that this past experience has been a poor exception.
I will take the necessary steps to share your experience with our team, who takes pride in their work and who will learn from it.

I do want to ensure that our guests receive the value. Being that you have not, I would like to reverse your charges for the dinner and speak to you privately to get more information. At your convenience, please reach out to me directly at 949 376 2775 or adapic@jcresorts.com.

We would be delighted to see you at Splashes again.

Yours in Service,