“wonderful”
Review of Las Brisas

Las Brisas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Brisas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 176 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Coast Highway
Description: Legendary Las Brisas has been southern California's definitive place to enjoy fantastic and resplendent coastal views. The menu at Las Brisas brims with the authentic cuisine of the Mexican Riviera and is filled with recipes discovered along the 3000 miles of Mexico's coast. The stunning setting makes Las Brisas the perfect venue for a host of events and their renowned Sunday Brunch is the premier way to unwind and take in a gorgeous day. Come and enjoy our newly renovated Seaside Cantina. It features a refrigerated wine room, tequila wall, 65-foot Koa wood bar and a completely re-imagined cocktail menu. Join us for live music every Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30 PM-10:00 PM.
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I went there for my bday dinner while visiting california. the food was amazing and the restuarant was beautiful, the views of the ocean and laguna beach are amazing.
i loved it!

Reviewed September 21, 2009

best views and outdoor patio.

Reviewed August 30, 2009

We've been to Las Brisas once before for Sunday brunch. This trip we wanted to try dinner. Saturday night with no reservation at 9 and we only waited 15 minutes for a table (pretty good)! We brought our drinks , from the bar, to the table. The first thing that I noticed was how noisy the place was and I mean REALLY noisy. Then I realized that I couldn't hear any music. Personally, I like a little music, to set the mood and if I'm in a Mexican restaurant I like music from Mexico but ANYTHING would be better than nothing. Our waiter finally shows up and I order another drink. I waited forever and when the waiter got back with it he quickly sets it down and says "He forgot to make it" and walks away. I'm guessing that he was referring to the bartender. He eventually came to take our order. I asked him the specials and he said "I didn't already tell you?". OK, I just want to add now that this guy had the personality of a tamale. He didn't smile, he mumbled and I felt that he didn't want to be there waiting on us. So, he tells us the specials and that's what we ordered. He starts to take the menus to leave and I ask if we could order salads. He says "Do you really want salads, the dinners are pretty big." A waiter talking me out of ordering? (He never offered appetizers either and we always had to ask for drinks. He never offered) It was more like he didn't want us to stay for very long. We ordered two dinner salads. No kidding, 5 minutes later our meals came out! I stopped the waiter and told him that we hadn't gotten our salads yet. My boyfriend said "It's OK, we can eat it all together " and I said "NO!, We're taking our time, enjoying the evening and I am not going to be rushed out of here". Our salads came out and I ate mine as slowly as I possibly could! It took forever for my boyfriend to get a second drink. Dinner came and it really was delicious. I did ask the server if these were the same meals that were brought out the first time and he said no. ( If they were, I couldn't tell.) Our waiter didn't check to see how things were until we were almost done. I also took my dear, sweet time eating the entree. I even ordered a split of Champagne to have with my meal. We had creme brulee for dessert and it was yummy too. What a surprise! The waiter finally smiled as he dropped off the check. Our tab was about $100 and (I don't know why) my boyfriend left him $20. The guy certainly didn't deserve it. I didn't find this place romantic AT ALL! Maybe at sunset but once it's dark you can't see ANYTHING out those windows. It's pitch black! Plates clanking, bad acoustics with no music to either set the mood or to help distract you from the noise! We will not go back. Laguna has plenty of other wonderful restaurants to choose from. Just for the record, it's owned by the same company that owns El Torito and Acapulco restaurants.

1  Thank drewasunder
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Went for dinner. The food was so bad! The presentation was horrible. The plates were dull and messy - they looked like they had not been replaced for years. I will not go back.

2  Thank karinrebbecca
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 9, 2009

cool happy hour and good view

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook