“Couldn't agree more!”
Review of Las Brisas

Las Brisas
Reserve with OpenTable
Las Brisas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacific Coast Highway
Description: Legendary Las Brisas has been southern California's definitive place to enjoy fantastic and resplendent coastal views. The menu at Las Brisas brims with the authentic cuisine of the Mexican Riviera and is filled with recipes discovered along the 3000 miles of Mexico's coast. The stunning setting makes Las Brisas the perfect venue for a host of events and their renowned Sunday Brunch is the premier way to unwind and take in a gorgeous day. Come and enjoy our newly renovated Seaside Cantina. It features a refrigerated wine room, tequila wall, 65-foot Koa wood bar and a completely re-imagined cocktail menu. Join us for live music every Wednesday - Saturday from 6:30 PM-10:00 PM.
Orange County, California
“Couldn't agree more!”
Reviewed November 30, 2004

Couldn't agree more with the previous reviews. All Las Brisas has going for it is its beautiful venue. The staff is arrogant; the food, mediocre at best. Their morning brunch is all carbs, with virtually not a vegetable in sight. I made the mistake of hosting a party there and it was a nightmare: half-filled tostada shells and the wicked witch of the west for a catering manager. Run, don't walk, to anywhere else in beautiful Laguna Beach!

5 Thank ak20042004

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Maryland
“Cold reception”
Reviewed November 2, 2004

After seeing the other reviews on Las Brisas, I had to put in my two cents' worth. As a single woman vacationing alone, I put high priority on customer service and how comfortable the restaurant/business makes me feel. I went to Las Brisas in the late afternoon and waited in the "open seating" patio as many waiters walked by ignoring me. When I went inside to the hostess stand, again I had to wait while the hostess chatted to another staff member. Finally, she spared enough time to inform me that dinner was not served until 4:30 (another 15 minutes) and she could not seat me until then. Meanwhile, a family of four walked in and she immediately turned to give them a warm welcome. She gave them the same message about the dinner start time, but did encourage them to return. I left and never went back to even try the food. My recommendation: Javier's Mexican Grill and Cedar Creek Inn just down the road - both had nice casual ambience, very friendly staff, and fantastic food!

9 Thank Deecey
Laguna Beach, CA
“Las Brisas--Don't Fall for it!”
Reviewed October 26, 2004

Every tourist season, I notice the Las Brisas Restaurant packed with visitors. And for years, I went back, figuring they had improved. Why else would they do such great business? I finally realized that everyone there HAS to be there for the first time. The expensive food is average to below average. The service is often downright rude. The only upside I can find in this Mexicana restaurant is the incredible ocean view, something one can get for free all over this incredible town, that offers good food and good service in numerous other places. And forget trying to request an ocean view table; they will give you whatever the heck they want.

11 Thank villaguna
Coastal California
“They think WAY too much of themselves!”
Reviewed August 24, 2004

VERY slow, and worst yet, condescending service. Our waiter was mostly nonexistent, but when he did show up, he exuded an air of superiority, and an impatience to clear our table as quickly as possible. Food is mediocre at best, nowhere near worth what they charge. Frankly, I don't see how they manage to keep going.

8 Thank georgies-mama