“Marvelous Mare”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cleo St
Description: Upscale Modern Decor Italian from the Alessa and Cucina Alessa Chef Alesandro
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I ordered the chef's special, a $22 spaghetti verde with shrimp and peppers that was the definition of summer on a plate. The home made pasta was cooked al dente, the shrimp were tender and the zingy little peppers added just enough color and pizazz to make the lemon and butter based sauce sparkle. Everyone at the table loved this dish and I would gladly order it again. After the hearty appetizers, I barely made a dent in this bowl of pasta, so it became my lunch the following day, and it reheated to be as tasty as it was the night before.

The friend who was living on the beach decided while we were still in the parking lot that she wanted the $24 limoncello infused radiatore pasta* with Maine lobster, shallots and a pinot grigio sauce. If I had not ordered the special, I would have ordered this delightfully rich sumptuous dish.

1  Thank elainetravels

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Yes, its in the courtyard (a very pretty one, I might add!) of a Holiday Inn, but don't let that fool you! Food was soooo good and fresh. Our family ended up sharing meals because we wanted to taste everything and nothing disappointed! Service was knowledgeable and friendly. Prices were reasonable.

2  Thank BethTO
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were staying at the hotel and stopped in for a drink. The bartender was super friendly and made my boyfriend a Mojito. I took a sip and I don't like them, but it was so tasty I had to order one for myself. We were going to get the prosciutto and burrata and she recommended the carpaccio of organic heirloom which was the same price. It was delicious! It was the same thing we wanted but had heirloom tomatoes and arugala with a basalmic drizzle. Since we had dinner plans this is all we ate (but we did come back every day for drinks). But every morning or afternoon as we walked through on the way to our room the food the diners had looked delicious (especially breakfast)!

1  Thank Nikki R
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Three of us went for lunch the other day. We sat outside on the patio in the courtyard of the hotel. Two of us had panini sandwiches and the other party member had the salmon. We all enjoyed our meals and one member had a tasty Bloody Mary. The tiramisu was the best we've ever had.

1  Thank AMA0123
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Chef Alessandro Pirozzi's has hit a home run! The olive fritte appetizer - green olives stuffed w/ fontina was quite a treat (and I don't even like olives!) The sea bass carpaccio was out of this world! Our group ordered, lobster ravioli, gemelli melenane(eggplant), capellini all pomodoro, Chilean Seabass with rave reviews from all!

2  Thank pattitempeaz