“Very Good...but”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wilcur
Olathe, Kansas
“Very Good...but”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

This retreat was quite nice. It was small, but very luxurious and Bianca was a good host! She attended to most (I'll explain the exception below) of our needs and was very kind. The kitchen was fully equipped, but could use some updated pots and pans. The room did not have much of an ocean view, however, just a few steps away to the shared porch, we had fantastic views. The outdoor furniture was also very nice including umbrellas. Also, the beach was a very short walk (about a minute) and was quite convenient. They provided chairs and umbrellas for the beach that was also quite nice. We used the gas grill, but it could use some repair, as it easily burned the food due to some worn out parts.

This retreat provided a certificate for free whale watching for two. This was close to a $100 value and was a great addition to our stay. Thanks for that! Also, the coffee was fabulous!

Although this was a great stay, we had one major complaint. When booking the villa, I specifically asked the owner if the fire pit worked, as this was a major reason why we booked this villa. He assured me that it did, however, when I arrived, it was not in working order. I complained about this to Bianca, however, it was blown off as if it was not a big deal and no one took any action to repair it during our entire 3-night stay. At the least, the owner should have called with an apology. This was quite disappointing, especially due to my daughter really looking forward to having discussions near the fire pit and this being one of the main reasons why we rented this villa.

With that said, the bed was very comfortable and the appliances were top notch. The only downside to the bedroom, was the fact that there was an outside light shining through the window directly above the bed. This caused the room to be lit up at night, making it difficult to sleep. When it went off, it was quite pleasant. Also, a simple but annoying issue, was that you could not run the bathtub water without water also coming from the shower. Again, no big deal, just a little annoying. We did not bring it up during our stay, but seems like a simple fix.

Overall, we really enjoyed the villa. Just wish we would not have been misinformed about the fire pit.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Quality of the updates in the villa
Liked least: Fire pit did not work
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
torontosu...
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Hostess (Maureen)”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 for a stay in August 2012

My family vacation was made all the more wonderful by the friendly accommodating site manager Maureen. The resort was perfect for our needs.We hope to return. Thanks
Dennis Mark

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: would have preferred 2 bedroom
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Colorado
Reviewed August 27, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Older travelers

Luxury-minded travelers
Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Ca
Reviewed July 26, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Denver
Reviewed July 23, 2012 for a stay in July 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing