“One word. . . Paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel

Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
san jose
“One word. . . Paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I honestly don't know how anyone could ever rate this hotel anything but fabulous. After a stressful work week, I checked in on Friday and spent a glorious weekend in one of the updated, beachfront rooms. My room was ready at 2pm so they allowed me to check in early. Friends (from LA) joined me on Saturday and were amazed how close we were to the beach. There really was no problem with thin walls either, as I didn't hear a peep out of the adjoining rooms. Besides, the waves crashing outside were so loud, it would have drowned out any noise coming from the other rooms, which was just fine by me. As others have said, the hotel is very close to the grocery store and fine dining. We ate at "The Deck" and really enjoyed the atmosphere. I would love to go back when I save up some money. The room was pricey, but worth every penny!

Room Tip: Definitely spend the extra money for the oceanfront room. The other rooms just don't have the s...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank luckytravels66
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Paradise, indeed! We're so glad that you and your friends had such a great time with us, and we'd love to welcome you back for many more. Until next time, thanks for the wonderful review. It made our day!

Regards,
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Canyon Lake, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

great views of the ocean and you are 'on it', great food (make a reservation a must) drinks, great servers, great employees that are so very caring. a perfectly funky and beachy place. I would stay again for sure, great for business, couple, family, friends or solo!

Room Tip: ask for the best view they can give you
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sounds like a lovely getaway! We can't wait to have you back again!

Warm regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The whole trip started when i called to make a reservation with the hotel. Bryan at the front desk was extremely helpfully and really set my family up to have a great little vacation. Bryan met all my family's needs from an ocean view to having a pack in play all set up in the room for my 2 year old daughter when we got in the room. When we got to the hotel James checked us in and descried all of the amenities that the hotel has to offer which really helped us plan our evening. We really enjoyed how Jordan helped us get some beach chairs and towels when we made our way down to the water. Overall i cant what to go back and stay at the Pacific Edge again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas N
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
It was a pleasure to make you feel at home, Thomas! Bryan, Jordan and James will be thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed your stay, and we hope to welcome you back for years to come. Until next time, thanks for the fabulous review!

Best,
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Now this place is a gem. I got a great deal on Hotels.com. When I arrived the parking was a little confusing you have to go through the alley way to the valet. Once I got to the reservation desk to check in I was pleasantly surprised with the service. I asked for a better view and I was offered a beachfront view for hundred dollars more. I took it, & boy was I glad I did!!!!! I sat outside on my L-shaped patio above the ocean listening to the waves. I didn't even want to sleep....or be in the room- the view is that amazing. When I got to my room I had a bottle of complimentary wine;)

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We're so glad you loved your stay, Christine! Thanks for making us a part of it, and for sharing your fantastic review. We can't wait to welcome you back again -- the ocean is beautiful in the winter, too!

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This place has character. It's not 5 star but it is cosy and perfectly positioned on the sands of Laguna Beach. If you want salt, sand, surf and sun this place is for you. The rooms vary in class from the bungalows on the beach to those 50m away. Whatever your budget, come to relax and unwind. The beachside restaurant is great. Perfect for cocktail over sunset. Wifi is good and there are heaps of great restaurants within walking distance to enjoy. I had a great week here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Heiners
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
A California dream, indeed! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your week with us, and we hope to continue welcoming you back for years to come. Until then, thank you for sharing your kind words!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

We just got back from spending 4 memory filled, relaxing nights here. Having now stayed at this property, I think some of the mixed reviews stem from guests who paid for something other than a beach front view. Don't expect to go to sleep and wake to the therapeutic sounds of waves if you don't book a beach front room. Our room was so close to the water that it created an optical illusion that we were actually looking out from an ocean view room on a cruise ship!

The dining experience at the "The Deck" was terrific and it too is right on the water. Both the food and service were great. No issues with the responsiveness of the valet on our trip.

In summary, great location, great service and great value. Select the room type to match your expectations. Understand that while this may not be a 5 star resort, nor are you paying for such. Having said that, the sunsets you will experience can't be beat at any price! We will be back!

Room Tip: Beach front is the only way to go!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Elli L
You're absolutely right, Elli -- those sunsets are absolutely unforgettable! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to continue welcoming you back for years to come. Until then, thanks for taking the time to review us!

Warm regards.
Bonita Springs, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Super friendly staff, bright and clean rooms, excellent service. We also rented a bungalow for the day and hosted friends which I'd highly recommend. The location can't be beat, literally steps from all Laguna has to offer. The sunsets are also an amazing bonus :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sean C, Manager at Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Those sunsets really are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a chance to soak them up, and I hope you'll continue to visit us for years to come. In the meantime, thank you for the fabulous review ;)