“Great location, great value.”

Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for one night with our two kids (5 and 7). It was nice to park the car and be able to walk to the main part of town very easily and have the beach right outside the hotel. We would have loved to stay longer if time allowed. Perhaps the nicest perk for us was the ability to reserve a VIP tour at the nearby Pacific Marine Mammal Center, a hospital for sea lions and seals. You have to call yourself and make the reservation, but it was so worth it. I enjoyed it as much as my kids. It's a small center, but they do amazing work and I appreciate staying at a hotel that supports them. We will definitely stay here again next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

We're delighted that you had a chance to visit the Pacific Marine Mammal Center, Liz! It's one of our favorite places, and we're sure that your kids loved every minute. Thank you for supporting this fantastic cause, and for sharing your kind words about your stay with us. We hope to welcome all of you back again soon!

Cheers,

There are newer reviews for Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We travelled many miles to reach this beautiful destination a perfect location.........but with a trailer park room, I was astounded to realise we were paying $400 per night, honestly it had a wood chip effect on the wall!.
Everything was warped or paint was flaking !
I spoke to the manager Brian, who stated the views were great, but surely you cannot rely on just a view?.
He was decent enough, but I would avoid this hotel like a plague!. It was like a British butlins. Then the hot water stopped working! ..... For 12 hours , if you turned any tap on it smelled like an open sewer!! Disgusting!!
Avoid, avoid avoid!
I never used trip advisor before booking this hotel, I will next time

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

While I'm pleased to hear that you were happy with Brian's service, I wish that we had been able to show you a more relaxing vacation. The tap water and chipped paint you described fall far beneath our standards, and as such we would have been happy to move you to another room. That said, we will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as we work to improve for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to leave such candid feedback.

Best,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We just stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with our three boys and had a wonderful time. The hotel, like every building on the beach is older than some may hope, but we found our rooms to,be updated, clean and the location directly on the beach cannot be beat. The staff was very friendly, attentive and helpful, especially those working the beach. Our kids lovd the access to the sand as well a the pool,and hottub. Definately request a room on the water. In the end, a great location for central Laguna, a nice hotel and we'll look forward to staying there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Sounds like the whole family had a fantastic time with us! Thanks for coming away with us, Drew. We'd love to welcome you back again next year, or sooner!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I had my daughters 1st birthday party in the Bungalows recently and WOW what a success. The food was amazing the SERVICE was phenomenal. We have been coming here since they started the cabanas, now Bunglows! We did , New years, Halloween and other birthdays here at The Bungalow on The Deck. But now that they are all remodeled and newly staffed with professionals , I honestly was impressed! The servers go above and beyond what I expected, everyone was super friendly and very accommodating throughout the day. From checking in with the staff at the front desk to the time we spend down at the Bungalows, Christina really made our experience memorable! She let us arrive a little bit earlier then the check in time of 11am, and even helped me decorate the Bungalow with streamers and balloons. My daughters 1st birthday was a FABULOUS celebration, we had family and friends there visiting from out of town and they were all saying how great of a day it was. We look forward to coming back soon! We cant wait to book again, thanks to the Pacific Edge Hotel and staff for making our day at the Beach a luxurious one!

• Stayed: June 2013

We're so glad that we could help you celebrate such a momentous occasion! Thank you for making us a part of this special day, and for sharing your kind words—Christina will be beyond thrilled!

Warm regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The carpets in the room literally had sand embedded into it and had an overwhelming smell of mildew. They are in dire need of a good renovation, the buildings are just too old. The only saving grace is that it is located directly on the beach. Not very good for a family, but maybe acceptable for young college students looking for an economy beach hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

The conditions you've described fall far beneath our standards, and we apologize. We wish that we had been able to move you to a room that better suited your needs, but we appreciate your candor. Still, we're delighted that you enjoyed our location, and we hope to have another chance to wow you once our renovations are complete.

Regards,

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Upon check in I received an oustanding welcome from Javid he was very professional and extremelly couretous. Javid took the time to make sure all of my needs were met and even offered suggestions for great places in the area to dine. I enjoyed the view from my room and the overall stay was very pleasant. The view of the ocean from my room was oustanding and the overall decor made my stay even more enjoyable. I would like to suggest a couple of improvements. overall cleaniness, issues with TV not turning on, and the walls were thin.
yet again what impressed me the most was the oustanding Customer Service I received from Javid. He is an assest to your hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm thrilled to hear Javid made your stay so memorable, and I'll be sure to pass along your compliments. Thanks as well for your constructive criticism—we'll certainly put it to good use. If you're ever back in Laguna Beach, I hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I received a voucher to experience an amazing getaway at Pacific Edge Hotel for a day with friends through a charity event participated in. I must admit my first thought was that it was going to be some cheesy pass for a day... But I'm happy to say it couldn't be further From the truth! I was in contact with Christina my planner and she set me up with the Fox racing Bungalow for the day and made every transition a walk in the park. As for the staff I must say was just as Fanaminal with their full, kind hospitality. I've been to a lot of upscale locations and I must say the service I received at Pacific Edge far exceeded any expectations. Bottom line is my friends and I had a blast and if your looking for a fun getaway call them up and see for yourself...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Happy to hear you and your group had such a pleasant stay with us! Friendly, accommodating service is one of our top priorities, so it's great to know you found our staff so helpful. The next time you're in Laguna Beach, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.