We (me, hubby, 4 yr old child) took a 3 day breather from the daily grind down to Laguna Beach and this was the perfect place to be. Ocean front, walking distance to everything, enough amenities to make stay great. It's NOT a luxury hotel, but they don't charge luxury hotel prices anyway, so it's OK. We were pleasantly surprised that we got an adjoining room with 2 double beds in it, so our child who got a fever right when we got there, could sleep comfortably and her constant coughing didn't wake me and hubby up at night. Instead the sounds of the waves crashing lulled us to sleep :)
There were a couple of glitches (staff was mostly friendly but for 1, the bathroom in the pool area was disgusting but it was not the hotel's fault-someone just went nuts with the t.p., and the bathroom kind of smelled but I just figured it's the beach plumbing -- rusty pipes. Also the cable was not HD but hopefully ppl spend more time staring out at the ocean than at the TV here). The ocean front beach had everything: sand toys, boogie boards, volleyballs, chairs/chaise lounges/umbrellas, towels of course, and lots of other stuff you don't always get like water bottles. Overall we had a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter, Despegar.com and Travelocity so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach