Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$290
  • Pool
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
$114
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$112
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$136
  • Pool
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$299
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
$199
$269
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$116
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$795
1,479 results
All reviewsreef buildingocean frontsurf wingdeck restaurantdriftwood kitchenoceanfront roomvalet servicelounge chairssound of the waveshigh tideupon checkthe entire staffshops and restaurantsgrocery storebalconybeachlaguna
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I recommended this hotel after finding a deal on expedia. My friend stayed here over spring break and when I came to pick her up I was disappointed in the room. It didn't look at all like the pics they have on expedia or on their website. Apparently the pics they have are of the oceanview remodeled units and not the village ones that are shown for 129 a night on the web. The village rooms are pretty bare, white walls, old furmiture, tiny bathroom. The pool was tiny with no sun. The beach by the hotel was nice though. Too bad it was too cold to enjoy. The location is good, walking distance to dining and shops. I wouldn't recommend this hotel again though. Next time I'll recommend the Inn at Laguna beach. Much nicer and only about $25 more a night for village view!

Room Tip: choose a room in the remdeled section near the ocean. stay away from village rooms unless you're on a budget and don't care much about the room itself.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment, Lisa. We would never want our guests to feel as though our website was an inaccurate reflection of our hotel, so we will do our best to ensure that there is no future confusion. That said, we are currently in the midst of making the necessary repairs for our guests, and we will certainly keep your comments in mind as we move forward. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for 2 nights of my 5 night stay. I arrived very late, close to midnight. I was traveling with my 5 and 6 yr olds and we were exhausted. I'd originally booked a queen oceanview room and when checking in, I asked the clerk if he by chance had any larger rooms he could put is in. He replied by saying he could put me in a corner unit which would have a bit more room for us. A few days later I noticed a charge on my credit card for $112 and when I called to inquire about this charge, I was told by the manager that it was the upgrade fee. I was never told about a fee and had I known , I would've just kept my original room as we were hardly in it except to sleep. I have yet to receive a refund from this hotel. $100 is no big deal but it's the principle. The manager stated that "all hotels charge to upgrade your room" and that is incorrect as I have been upgraded many times complimentary. Regardless, I had no idea I was "upgraded" at this hotel as I was originally told it was simply a corner unit that would give us more room. The "upgraded" room faced an alley and the room itself was nothing special. I would not have voluntarily opted to pay 112 extra for it. The only reason I gave this hotel 2 stars is because of the excellent location, otherwise I'd have given it one star.

• Stayed: March 2013

Although it seems like you enjoyed your stay, we must apologize for the confusion surrounding your charges. We should have been more clear about the resulting fee for this upgrade, and we will definitely be more straightforward with our future guests. We want to make this right for you, so please don't hesitate to reach out if we have not yet resolved this issue. We hope to hear from you again soon.

Best,

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had an emergency stay in the Pacific Edge due to a mishap with another hotel. This hotel appears to be a number of old apartment buildings being converted into a hotel complex. Not all blocks have been renovated yet which is the only issue I had. We had to pay $300+tax a night or pay $700+ for a renovated ocean front room when we booked on the last minute. We ended up with a 2 BR suite but it was in the unrenovated part of the property and in reality we ended up in an old run down 2BR apartment. It was big, clean (for the most part) and had a kitchen. JDV has put in nice beds with comfortable bedding, nice bath products but the rest is just lipstick on the pig so to speak. The kitchen was very old and beaten up. The couches were stained and worn out. The room itself reeked of mildew or mold as you walked into the room although you forgot about it quickly once in the room. Don't underestimate this from the comments below, it sure was real in the suite we had (ground floor corner unit in the parking lot below the main street)

We were a little disappointed in the service as well at check in. One fellow said he would try to get housekeeping into our room early when I spoke with him at about 11am. Apparently early was 5 mins before guaranteed check in. Not a big deal because they held our bags and we hit the beach but after discussing our situation with him we were a little disappointed. Other than that part, the staff were fantastic to us and very welcoming.

The big question...would I return or recommend? Surprisingly yes but ONLY in the renovated area of the property. If I was told my room was not renovated at check in, honestly I would leave and book elsewhere. This will likely be a really great hotel once all renovations are done.

Room Tip: Only stay in a newly renovated area of the property
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. Although it seems like you truly enjoyed your time in Laguna Beach, we wish that your room and our service had left you with a better impression.

As you mentioned, we are indeed in the process of completing the necessary updates for our guests, but unfortunately your room has not yet been upgraded. We apologize for not making this more clear, and we wish that we had been able to move you to a different room during your stay.

Your experience with our staff is also very disappointing. We work hard to make sure that everyone feels welcome, but it seems that we had a scheduling conflict that forced us to push back attending to your room. Once again, we apologize, and we can assure you that instances like these are very rare.

That said, we are grateful that you would still be willing to return once our renovations are complete. That means a lot to us, especially after learning of your visit. Thank you for that, and for your detailed feedback. We hope to have you back very soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

It's a special experience.
PAcific Edge is a "surfer hotel" with the real feeling that you are on the beach and even some "antique" furnishings and equipments. Antique meaning that they are really worn out as well. If you accept it and like the feeling, then you get a really flair place to stay...

Our room was "village family suite" and was HUGE. It had two bedrooms, spacious living room and a real kitchen (some tableware missing though).
Funny electric ceiling heating - slow warming up, but than staying hot long and hard to manipulate since the theromstats are not working.
Even if it was "village" room (meaning in the second row of buildings), we still had some partial ocean view and plenty of sunlight.
We have also seen that the beachfront rooms are being upgraded and the windows are being replaced with modern ones.

We loved the place, but it's for the "surfing style" amateurs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Bill T, Manager at Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Yes, we certainly do have a unique vibe! It sounds like you had a wonderful time in our Village Family Suite. We're so happy to hear that. Thank you for the kind words. We hope to have you back again soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Pacific Edge for 5 nights and were very pleased with our stay. Being the "baller-on-a-budget" that I am, we did not stay in an ocean view room - but our room was very nice despite being on the rather busy street, so somewhat noisy. However, if you can afford to get an ocean view you should do it. The staff were incredibly friendly, everyone said hello and smiled at us. This hotel is pet-friendly, a big bonus. There are so many restaurants and shops nearby you can walk to everything. Check out Costa Azul surf shop, Laguna Beach Cyclery, and Taco Loco.

Room Tip: Village suites are on the noisy street, but they are still nice. If you are on a budget stay in the village suites.....however, if you can afford it, grab an oceanfront room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We're proud to offer our guests a fabulous beach side getaway, no matter their budget! Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your kind words. We hope to welcome you back again soon!