We were very disappointed in the quality of the hotel for the cost. It would have been tolerable for $100 less per night. The ocean front view and sunset were lovely. Our room was just above the bar and the noise level was a bit much at happy hour but quieted down later. The room was very dated and shabby. It felt like an old apartment. Old bathroom fixtures and appliances in the kitchenette. We were on the 3rd floor and the elevator didn't work. No one offered to carry our bags up/no bellman. We have stayed at the JdV Vitale hotel in San Francisco and expected at least close to the same type of quality facility. Fortunately, we were only there for one night on our trip.We spent the next night at the posh Beverly Hilton in LA for LESS $ per night!! What a drastic difference. The Pacific Edge Hotel is perfectly fitting for teenagers or college spring breaker's although they probably couldn't afford the cost. It is NOT for anyone who expects a higher level of quality and comfort. If you are 20 and a surfer, go. Otherwise, find a nicer hotel if looking for a romantic place to stay. I will say that the front desk staff were all very nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach