We are back at the Pacific Edge for the second time in a month. We looked at other hotels that were charging more than double (some more $500/night more) for a room. Our room is literally on the beach. If you drop an ice cube off the balcony it lands in the sand. The complimentary beach chairs, towels, umbrellas, and even sand toys for the kids are a bonus because you don't have to haul a bunch of things down to the beach. The staff and especially housekeeping are incredibly polite, professional and accomodating. You can park your car and never take it out because it is within walking distance of dozens of wonderful restaurants and even a grocery store. They provided a microwave and pack and play for the kid, and we were greeted with a complimentary bottle of decent red wine. The rooms are fine. But considering that you are literally a few steps from the beach, there is not a more beach accessible hotel in Laguna Beach. We called room service for breakfast from the Beach House restaurant and they told us 15 minutes. We were skeptical because we've never had room service in 15 minutes, and we were eating within 20 minutes. Truly outstanding. Food is good and reasonably priced. We will return. **Hint** Before you book, sign up for the Joy of Life loyalty club. It is free and you get legitimate perks (like a free bottle of wine). You can truly tell that this property is well managed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Pacific Edge on Laguna Beach, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach