This was our first trip to the Pacific Edge hotel , we stayed in the penthouse suite overlooking Sleepy Hollow Road and the sea beyond.We were surprised to find that we had a lounge and kitchen/ dining area.The furniture in the apartment was a bit tired and dated , but it did look as if it had recently been decorated and the bed was very comfortable with spotless bed linen.We saw dolphins swimming in the sea from our balcony which was an amazing sight to behold.
The beach was a very short walk away and sunbeds/umbrellas and towels were all provided free of charge.
We had breakfast at the Beach House Restaurant nearby which has lovely unspoilt views across the sea.We had one evening meal there also which was delicious , but the lighting was so poor we had trouble reading the menu and the service was very slow.
We only used one of the pools at the front of the hotel which was quite cold in temperature but clean , there weren't any towels that we could see to use and the road noise was loud.
The valet parking is compulsery and a bit of a pain as you have to keep returning to the valet area to get your keys back if you have kept things in your car that you need.
We probably would use this hotel again but only for a couple of nights, I think it would be the perfect place for the younger surfing generation who don't mind looking past the dated aspects of the accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine the cool ocean breeze brushing up against your cheek. Admire the views of the deep, blue, Pacific Ocean from the balconies overlooking the waves of one of our oceanfront rooms. Enjoy convenient sunning, surfing and swimming as the sand is just steps from your room. Pacific Edge Hotel is not only steps away from the sand of the California coast, but also steps away from everything that Laguna Beach has to offer. The hotel is within walking distance of both Laguna Village and the shops and galleries along the South Coast Highway. In addition to your holiday and vacation needs, we are known for being an ideal destination for groups, social events, and wedding. Our magnificent Villa offers a prime, one-of-kind event space, suitable for the most important and precious events. We look forward to you joining us for your next leisure or business stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pacific Edge Hotel on Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pacific Edge
- Pacific Edge Laguna Beach
- Vacation Village Laguna Beach