1,468 results
All reviews spa pool studio restaurant main pool lobby lounge kids club four seasons beverly hills the ritz beautiful property fitness center pool staff star resort southern california incredible views turn down service the pacific ocean beach access
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff/the food and the view was second to none on the California coast . We truly enjoyed our stay and plan to stay there again in 2019. The beach area was spectacular. There are plenty of activities offered by the hotel for
Families and Friends.

Stayed: September 2018
Anne-Marie_Houston, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us in September. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the beautiful view from our resort and are excited to welcome you back in 2019!

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Beautiful and lovely resort which I've visited several times since it opened. The continuing feeling is from the scene in Les Miserables where the master of house charges for everything except the air. OK, so for 850 a night one would not expect to pay 9$ for music on the TV in your room! But that is just the tip of the iceberg, 32$ for a glass of wine (No, not a rare unusual wine) in the lobby. As for restaurant prices? Order light or it will be very heavy on your wallet :-) Don't be under any miss-impression - it is a beautiful and wonderful resort - it just always feels that compared to other similar resorts is practices predatory pricing. Be forewarned !!

Room Tip: Stay away from 428 - near a service door and noisy staff
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OrangeCountyCEO
Anne-Marie_Houston, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Montage Laguna Beach. We are glad that you enjoyed our beautiful resort, but are disappointed to hear about certain aspects of your stay. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss these issues with you further – in particular the $9 music charge. We do not charge for music in your room therefore would like to connect with you. Please view the private message I have sent.”

Reviewed October 7, 2018

I am particularly disappointed with one element of my stay, and it has left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't be staying at a Montage property again. I booked my stay through hotels.com, which offered a 15% off food/drink option as part of the rate due to my silver vip status. Of course, at checkout, the discount was not applied to my bill. I noted this to the staff member I interacted with, and she made the changes. Just note--if you are planning on saving a lot with this discount, plan differently. It applies to very little of the actual food charges, so after you factor out tax and tip and the outrageous service fees, you're getting less than 10% off.

But alas, I didn't get any percent off until I pointed it out. I left the property with a bill that showed the adjustment had been made. When the charge posted to my credit account, it did not reflect the adjustment for the discount. I just called to let the hotel know, and received an updated folio. This time, there was a larger discount, which reflected the full 15% as promised. This means that the first employee I worked with ripped me off (as I figured, but she denied this), and I feel that generally the hotel is dishonest when it comes to promised perks. I've let hotels.com know this, so that they can communicate with the hotel about this in the future.

The stay itself was decent, but hardly worth the egregious prices this property charges. The resort fee ends up being close to 50 dollars a night with tax, and the valet parking is 50. Cocktails at the pool range from 18-24 dollars. The food on the property was hit or miss--the "tempura fried chicken tenders" for 26 dollars were garbage. They were cheap Asian buffet quality chicken fingers. The room service was generally delicious, however. So I would say hit or miss is the best way to describe the food.

The property itself relies on its stunning vistas and fantastic beachfront. The hotel is dated--at least, the wing I stayed in is. The carpets were filthy, to the point I was in disbelief, both in the hallways and in the room. The furniture in the room was truly sad. The TV was from the mid 00s. Just not acceptable for a property of this caliber. Also, the rooms are LOUD due to hallway noise. I heard every door slam, and around 8 AM they were cleaning the hallways with an industrial vaccum. So think twice if you plan on relaxing and sleeping in during your beach vacation.

I would choose to stay elsewhere in the future. There are simply too many great hotels in Southern California for me to choose to spend my money at this property. The staff were generally lovely and friendly, and I appreciated that it doesn't come off as pretentious like some other hotels in this price range. But the hassle at checkout, and lack of cleanliness in some areas of the hotel really leads me to feel this just isn't someplace one can get value out of.

• Stayed: October 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Matt F

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are disheartened to hear that elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will share it with the teams involved.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

In movies you see hotels you can only dream about and the in real life you never really find them; you know the feeling? Look no further; this is a place made of dreams.

The views are stunning, the service amazing and facilities stunning. If they turn this into an old people’s home I will move in.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

We know that feeling! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

i love this hotel. first time visitor and spent 3 days at Montage as my home base for some meetings in OC and LA. It is worth the drive from LA to end up at this amazing resort. The service is excellent and the spa is definitely worth a visit. I didn't get to the beach, but, did run on the path 2X. The restaurants are very good and definitely worth staying on property if you don't want to go out. i will be back

Room Tip: i was in a cottage, not in the main hotel and it was quiet and i could hear the ocean with my door open
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Anne-Marie_Houston, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Thank you for your review, james r! I am delighted to hear your stay was a memorable one and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Until then, wishing you safe travels.