Montage Laguna Beach
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$429
$416
  • Pool
Art Hotel - Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$170
$165
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Breakfast included
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$339
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$176
  • Pool
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$299
$232
$159
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$175
Orbitz.com
$659
$593
Preferred Hotels
1,415 results
All reviewsspa poolstudio restaurantmain poollobby loungekids clubfour seasonsthe ritzbusiness conferencepool stafffitness centerbeautiful propertystar resortsouthern californiaincredible viewsocean viewturn down servicefire pit
A TripAdvisor Member
Long Beach, Ca
Reviewed June 20, 2005

My lovely girlfriend and I stayed at the Montage over the Memorial Day weekend. It was a surprise for her Birthday and I certainly made the right choice. You would be hard pressed to find a more romantic destination in Southern California.

From the moment you pull up to the valet they make you feel like royalty. We were pampered from the time we stepped on the property until we left.

We stayed in one of the Ocean Surf rooms which I strongly recommend for an exceptionally romantic experience. Not only was there that forever ocean view, but we were close enough to the water to hear the pounding of the waves upon the shore. We slept with our sliding door open so we could indulge in that wonderful sound.

We had breakfast on our balcony and the food was very good. You don't even have to call down for room service. You fill out a menu the night before, with the time you want to eat, and they deliver your food on time and hot.

We ate at the Studio restaurant on the resort grounds and it is one of the best dining experiences we've ever had. On the other night we ate at the Loft in the resort itself. The food was good, however a notch below the Studio. Also the drinks from the Mosaic Bar & Grille, which we enjoyed at the pool, can be very addictive.

No matter where you go at the Montage the service is excellent. People know and remember your name. They are courteous and bend over backwards to make your stay pleasurable. Contrary to an earlier review they DO provide you with a towel, chairs, table and drinks if you wish when you go down the path to the beach in front of the resort.

It's hard to imagine the Montage receiving any logical negative reviews. Yes, it is expensive. Although you just can't put a price tag on how we were made to feel during our stay. It seemed to my girlfriend and I like we were at some exotic beach resort a thousand miles away. In reality we only live about 40 miles up the coast. This fabulous resort is worth every penny simply because you'll never forget the many, many special moments that were part of your stay at the Montage with the one you care for.

• Stayed: May 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2005

I have stayed a the Montage on business 4 times in the past 12 months. Out of curiousity I read the reviews on this site. My occupation requires me to stay in a lot of hotels and I would be hard-pressed to agree with some of the negative comments in other reviews. It is expensive -but you are aware of that going in. It has incredible views from your room, from the lobby, the pool & the grounds. It has a top flight gym, unbelievably beautiful landscaped grounds and "invisible" superior, friendly service. The beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are the absolute best I've ever had: giant contoured tub w/pillow, Provence shampoos,bath salts,etc. Even a bristle back brush. Each room has a veranda/balcony with comfortable furniture. You can open your french doors at night and sleep to the sound of the ocean waves. It is on a cliff over one of the nicest beaches I've been on. Just a short walk down a walkway.
Right across the street is a little shopping center with a pharmacy and supermarket.
All-in-all the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank Royzee
Reviewed May 21, 2005

the place is in a class all by itself. the property was breathtaking, the staff didn't know the meaning of the word no. the food at all three of the restuarants was excellent, great wine list. our room was beautiful and had a wonderful view. a quick trip down a few steps and you are on the beach, or you can spend plenty of time at the pool where extremely attentative waitstaff get you whatever you need. i suggest the coconut margarita

saw a few families (they do have a kiddie pool) there but it was mostly grown ups. the middle of the week was best, by friday and sat. night, it got pretty busy at the restaurants. when you make your hotel reservations, be sure and make dining and spa reservations before you get there so you aren't disappointed. plenty of locals go to the resort for the spa and dining.

spoke with some locals that say the montage is far better than the st. regis and the ritz carlton which are both in the same area.

this is the most relaxing getaway i've ever experienced. sad to go but i will be back very soon.
if you are a husband, boyfriend, sig. other that wants to score BIG points, take her/him there. they will love you for it.

5  Thank lurlpearl
Reviewed May 10, 2005

We stayed at the Montage in CA for several days while on a 2 week trip in California in March 2005. I cannot say enough about how fabulous this resort is. The service is unmatched. The location spectacular. Even the kids (ages 10 & 8) felt pampered. The service excellence started from the moment we drove up to the resort. Where ever we were on the property, the service was always at that same exceptional standard. We cant wait to go back! We highly recommend this resort. While the price was a bit steep, we felt it was well worth it. The town of Laguna Beach is about 2 miles away & is a quaint and artsy community with many shops and restaurants. Generally a fun place to exlpore.

6  Thank cscott11
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 5, 2005

We stayed at the Montage Resort and Spa in Laguna Beach during holiday break in December 2004. For a 5-star resort, this place definitely lived up to my expectations. While I'm not a "seasoned traveler", I have stayed at the St. Regis Resort in NY, the Four Seasons in Las Vegas and the Bellagio in Las Vegas...the Montage blows them all out of the water.

When we pulled up, the valet attendants were prompt in taking my car and took my name for the host. The host then checked us in while we were still unloading our luggage and took us straight to our rooms. Now that's service! For the previous reviewer who didn't like being escorted to her room...that's what the staff is supposed to do! They even gave us a complimentary bottle of champage when we got to our room.

We had the most basic room...on the 2nd or 3rd floor, but it was still breathtaking. The bathroom is very large with a separate shower and soaking tub. There were bathrobes, slippers, spa amenities like candles, back scrub, designer soaps, etc. It was very luxurious.

The rest of the room was great. The decorations are modern, but comfortable a the same time. There was a minibar that included some nice top shelf liquors so we didn't need to call room service for an aperitif. The bed is very comfortable and the sheets are of extremely high quality. I didn't want to get out of bed the next morning! Our view from the room was also amazing. We looked out into the ocean and the sunset was just beautiful.

We had lunch at the Loft, which is their medium end restaurant. We made reservations, but they checked in someone else under our reservation. That was a little annoying, but they were able to seat us right away on the patio overlooking the beach and that was nice. The food was decent, although I think some of the neighborhood restaurants probably have better food. They cooked my husband's "medium" filet mignon a bit done...actually it was burnt on the outside. They were able to redo the filet perfectly.

All in all, the Montage is truly a 5-star hotel and was a wonderful experience. My husband got to relax and enjoy spending time with one another. It was a very romantic setting and I was sad to have to leave!

• Stayed: December 2004, traveled on business