Montage Laguna Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Coast Inn(Laguna Beach)
View Hotel
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)
1,404 results
All reviewsspa poolstudio restaurantmain poollobby loungekids clubfour seasonsthe ritzbusiness conferencepool stafffitness centerbeautiful propertystar resortsouthern californiaincredible viewsocean viewturn down servicefire pit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 7, 2004

The resort is outstanding and the location cannot be beat! This is the place to stay in Laguna Beach and is the best hotel in Orange County. The St. Regis ranks 2nd to the Montage because the Montage is located in the perfect spot. This is a 5 star resort and do not rely on anything that rates it lower. The Rooms have a view to die for (pay for the view, it is worth it), The rooms all face the ocean side so there is no bad side to the hotel. Some rooms look at other building and have partial ocean views but that comes with the lower price tag. The spa does cost an extra $20 to use if you are not having a treatment, but that has become the future of 5 star hotel (drop that and this place is perfect). The rooms are 500s.f. which is a great size and the patio or terrace is a nice treat on every room I saw. The staff was fantastic and I cannot understand why some other reviews rate the service low, it was just not the case, I guess some people will never be happy. The beach is the best resort set up in area, this is not Miami, you will need to walk a few steps to reach the ocean but that is also what makes the terrain and landscaping so special. A place like this is hard to find!

A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago Suburbs
Reviewed December 4, 2004

I have been traveling to Laguna Beach every year for the past two decades. We have stayed at various places throughout the city but never had the dissappointment of this trip.

The Hotel neighbors Aliso Creek which apparently is the sewer outlet for several inland cities. We learned this because it would begin to smell like feces in our room in the evenings as it wafted our way from the creek.

Residents in the surounding neighborhood are obviously unhappy with the Resort and they're snearing hostility is unpleasant to encounter.

When walking on the beach I noticed several homeless people sleeping about which made me nervous to walk around the grounds without an escort.

I wouldn't stay there again

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2004

Reviewed November 25, 2004

We stayed for 3 nights in their Ocean Surf room. The room was well appointed and the room was breathtaking. We had a full ocean view and could hear the sounds of the ocean from our room. From the moment we drove up to the lobby the service was impeccable. Although our stay was short, the staff was soon addressing us by name and constantly thanking us for our patronage. All housekeeping requests were answered promptly and correctly. I really don't understand the mediocre and poor reviews. Perhaps standards are too high?

Definitely will be back.

1  Thank dkshum
A TripAdvisor Member
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2004

I have been to resorts and hotels all over the world and consider myself to be very critical of services, amenities and room configurations of the best hotels. The Montage all though very expensive has everything one could ever want in a hotel. The views, the rooms, the amenites are as good as it gets when you are afterall away from home. The staff of the entire resort exude courtesy and offer you anything within the power they are given. It is a truly remarkable hotel and rates in my book with the Belagio Villas. I look forward to returning again very soon.