“Laguna Beach”

Montage Laguna Beach
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We loved our stay at the Montage Resort and Spa. It is a very elegant resort and the view of the ocean was spectacular! The grounds were simply beautiful. The room was a nice size too. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vacation021
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

We look forward to being the site of many more relaxing getaways. Many thanks for your praise!

Warmly,

Todd Orlich

Write a ReviewReviews (1,395)

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Booked a special rate for one night. When hotel heard it was our anniversary they upgraded to ocean view suite. It was beautiful and plush. Piper Sonoma champagne on ice and macaroons and sea salt caramels brought later as a congratulations. Poolside service was amazingly fast and view of Pacific lulls one to relax. Bath amenities larger sized. Room service for breakfast the next morning was served on one of the 2 patios. Huge pastries with little tubs of fresh butter, hot coffee and fresh squeezed juice. Pricey splurge but they will not disappoint. At checkout, gave us two baseball caps and a wish to see us again soon. When can I move in?

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if available. The suites are much larger and lighter than traditional room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelernottourist
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel is amazing. Service was incredible and facilities are great. Kids LOVED the Kids Club. We struggled to make them spend time with us. Highly recommend this hotel for a family or romantic excursion. Thanks for the great time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I can't tell you how much we LOVED the Montage in Laguna Beach. It's luxury at it's best. The service is bar none. From the moment you drive into the resort. The valet parking is best, esp traveling with children. The spa services and gifts shops are a feast for the human soul. Yoga on the beach is best, doing the sun salutation to the sun rise on the beach is rejuvenation of the self. I can't wait to come back. If it's within your budget, great, if it's not...start saving you haven't experienced luxury till you've stayed at the Montage Laguna!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I am glad that your experience did not disappoint and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I looked at the hotel website along with fine hotels and resorts AMEX site. For four days leading up to my booking I saw a really good rate, the night that I decided to pull the trigger, both the hotel and Amex sites prices had doubled or the cheaper room category was no longer available. I called AMEX who called the hotel to see if I could get the rate that I saw and the hotel and AMEX both said they cant believe that I saw a rate of $375/night Frustrated at myself for waiting to long and losing my Amex benefits, I checked Kayak.com and saw the room still available for $375, so I booked it, giving up my rights to late checkout, free breakfast, $100 resort credit. The next morning I awoke (we were staying at the Four Seasons Beverly Wilshire at the time) and decided to look at the Montage website again. The room category was available again, so I called the hotel and spoke with Andy who was wonderful and gladly took care of us with a room upgrade and all the other perks
of the card. The hotel is fabulous, pool warm, great food, friendly staff, great location, great beaches, nice size rooms with the best exfoliating bath soap we have ever found. The frustrating part is most hotels nowadays seem to be playing a lot of games with the rooms. We are still staying here and the hotel seems quite empty. For a few hours we were the only ones at the pool. They cant be anymore than 50% capacity and yet it was very difficult to make the reservation at a decent price. It really is a great 5 star resort, however I always leave after the booking nightmare a little damaged, like they are doing me a favor by allowing me to the rate they advertise with the Platinum card benefits.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Epic3333
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was amazing, and the staff went out of their way to make you feel welcome. You were always greeted with a smile everywhere you walked. The view from my room looked just like a postcard. The rooms were very clean, and food was amazing. Loved swimming my morning laps right next to the ocean. A great way to start off your day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We checked in after 7 hours of driving the Pacific Coast Highway on a holiday weekend. They took exceptional care of our car and immediately worked to help us relax and feel welcome. Our room was in a quiet part of the hotel with magnificent ocean views. We enjoyed cocktails on our balcony and breakfast the next morning. It was a slice of heaven. Dinner at the Loft restaurant on property was exquisite. Steamed clams and scallops that melt in your mouth. We will definitely return. They even had printed driving instructions for us when we left. Perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013

You describe what I hope is the quintessential Montage experience, complete with ocean views, delectable cuisine and plenty of relaxation. Thank you for your praise!

Warm regards,

#5 of 23 in Laguna Beach
The Resort at Pelican Hill
The Resort at Pelican Hill
#4 of 18 in Newport Beach

Been to Montage Laguna Beach? Share your experiences!