“Service Service Service”

Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
LA area
“Service Service Service”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Just spent 2 days at this resort. It is beautiful and every attention to detail is not missed. The poolside service is one of the best we've experienced. Meals arrive in "minutes" not "hours". Staff overheard me mentioning needing an iced tea and brought it without my asking.

They promptly notified us of a minor incident with our car (the valet accidentally bumped into another car with our car while parking). Minor scratch. The car was buffed and polished and ready the next day. Scratch removed, no cost or inconvenience to us. It was handled quickly and efficiently. The head of security personally (Carlos) handled it. He does his job very well.

We had a king size bed and 2 roll aways for the kids. The room was big enough for all of us without feeling cramped. Turn down service with bottled water and chocolates every night.
We also had an "apology note about the car" with a bottle of wine, fruit and apple cider for the kids one night. The next night, a bottle of champagne.

The location of this hotel is perfect. Sits up on a cliff with unsurpassed views of the ocean. Beach down below for hotel guests.

Food is very expensive. $15 for a margarita. $32 for a poolside sandwich. But this is a luxury resort. We ate dinner off property so can't comment on fine dining. Restaurant overlooks the ocean however, for beautiful views.

There is a kids club called Paintbox. We did not use it. It looked like it would be perfect for the younger kids --ages 3-8. My kids were 9 and 11 and just preferred the pool and beach.

Pets are welcome here too.
Rooms are quiet. Did not hear neighbors.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the pool and ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank petesmom1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Woodland Park, Colorado
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Gorgeous resort and rooms. Each of their rooms has a nice patio/balcony and a view of the ocean. Rooms were beautifully decorated. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The food was fabulous. The staff was friendly and helpful. Turn down service each night with chocolate truffles and bottled water. We even reserved a Mercedes convertible for a day (free of charge) and spent the day roaming the Pacific Coast Highway. Very, very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carrie S
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Gorgeous setting and fantastic service made this an outstanding girlfriend weekend. One of the best massages I have ever had. Took the Yoga Dance class with Beth which was great fun and very challenging. Food is good but overpriced even by luxury hotel standards. That being said if you want to have a special time thus is the place to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Meg M
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am hesitant to write a negative review. Check out my past reviews. Any place can have an off day. However, when you sense something symptomatic, that is different.
The Montage is on a spectacular piece of property. The staff appears personable and accommodating. However, they are being coached to be lovely and apologetic if necessary, but they are forgetting the guest. When you are paying the kind of prices they command, apologies should be rare.
I will not get into details, but I had an experience that that should have had them horrified and eager to make me happy. They did not. Young apologies are not enough. Someone tougher than me would have hired a lawyer. Stay at Pelican Hill.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Loretta360
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
I have sent you a private message with my contact information. I hope to find out more information about your visit so I can follow up with our team. I deeply regret that your experience was lacking and it is our sincere desire to make this up to you. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Todd Orlich
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This certainly is not a budget place and then expectations may vary. I however took advantage of a holiday and convention package and thus, got a very good price. Rooms are really good! Not only designed and decorated with impeccable good taste but also shine as new. I also used the pools and SPA, both very high end as you can expect from a place like this. Finally, Laguna Beach area is a paradise. Not only for the magnificent beaches but also the restaurants and clubs. For those lucky souls that have the chance to go, is highly recommended.

Room Tip: All rooms fantastic, even those without a view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zaspi
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the pleasure of a three day stay at the Montage whilst attending a conference if my wife's. Up front the property is truly beautiful with awes inspiring views if the Laguna coast and a good 1/2 mile if immaculate beach. Service is like none I have experienced at any other resort.

Its a property that I'm fairly certain caters to Celebs and mivers and shakers and there in lay the problem for me. That may well be more my problem than the resort,I fully accept that. To me in all its beauty it lacked soul
Service was beyond top notch but I never felt relaxed. Its an amazing property but just unfortunately not for me. If you want to have rhw experience though its worth it if not just to see.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Tommyboy-YVR
Lincoln
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel is amazing! This is where the celebrities stay. If you ever go to California you NEED to stay at the Montage hotel! This hotel was the best hotel we have ever stayed at! They have every friendly staff and if you have a question or need anything they will be willing to help you.

STAY HERE!

AMAZING STAFF AND AMAZING VIEW OF THE OCEAN!

Room Tip: I would recommend to call and ask which rooms have an ocean view and get one with an ocean view!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family