“Amazing 5 Star Beach Resort”

Montage Laguna Beach
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Santa Rosa, California
“Amazing 5 Star Beach Resort”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Every room has an ocean view. The service is top notch. The food is AMAZing. The location in Laguna is a weekend dream getaway.

Room Tip: All rooms are great except for the rooms on the bottom and second floor....these rooms barely have a...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We celebrated my birthday with an overnight stay... spa, pool dinner...the staff and facilities are first class. The spa manager was very helpful and thoughtful.. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
Reviewed November 22, 2011

This was our second trip to Montage, Laguna Beach and honestly I enjoyed this outing even more than the first time around.

First things first: we were met at the door with a big basket of toys for our dog Charlie, who was staying with us for the first time, as we entered the lobby and it was wonderful surprise.Then again, Montage is what I would call a first class property and just like Disneyland, they tend do things well and get it right the first time.

Our room was a North facing ocean view (that is exactly like the images you seen on Trip Advisor) and as return guests we were given a split of chilled champagne and some little nibbles that were presented beautifully in our entry way.They also put a dog bed and bowls for our dog which helped us allot although we weren't told about those being provided when I asked. The only negative thing I have is say about our room is that while the cheerful California themed decor was very pleasant and reminded me of an upscale beach house, the yellow and white carpeting and upholstery could use a deep cleaning to give it that clean feeling we all love.Then again, with pets staying in the ground floor level rooms (where you are required to stay with pets) trying to keep the light colored fabrics clean and bright would and must be a full time job!

The bathrooms: have carrara marble and are very large with separate water closets for privacy and double sinks + a deep soaking tub that I wouldn't miss relaxing in after stressful day.

The Spa: Montage Spa is and remains my favorite after my last and previous visits. My only regret is not having enough time to really relax and enjoy it more than I did. I would plan spending a big chunk of time to just lounge around before and after your appointment and I would not miss spending as much time as possible there! Peggy was my massage therapist and I would highly recommend her.

Tips: Sunset Yoga is free for guests. When booking my spa appointment it said that my massage or facial would include lunch + sunset yoga, which I thought was a deal. It was a deal @219. + tip, but what I didn't realize is that yoga would normally not be extra if you're staying at the hotel.

Walking: this property sits of one of my favorite pieces of land in California and for this reason I always look forward to staying and walking at least twice a day to the beach and on the paths-especially if you're bringing your dog along. Also, there's a big fire pit on the property with a excellent view of the coastline that is very romantic and just a cozy way to end the day, especially during fall evening and nights but bring your sweaters.This coastal area gets foggy and cool most every night. The big beautiful pool that sits in the middle of the property is a stunner and I wish I could have taken some laps in it before leaving, but we were just too rushed to take full advantage of everything we could have but that doesn't mean you have to miss it.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: All the rooms here should be great and have some kind of an ocean view, but sign up for the latest d...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Montage to celebrate our three year anniversary. My husband booked an ocean view room and informed the hotel the reason for our stay. We live locally and wanted to do something different. We have a 10 month old baby and it was our first night away from her, so we wanted to stay close enough to grandma's house, just in case there was a problem.

When we were shown our room, we were really disappointed. They were going to put us in a room facing a residential neighborhood where there was construction going on. There was a ocean view but the main focus was on the construction. I thought that was really inconsiderate. I immediately asked for another room. The man who took us to our room offered us other rooms at an additional cost. I thought this was weird because we had booked an ocean view room and it was a monday night. The hotel didn't seem too busy, so I found it surprising that he didn't just offer us a better room. I told him that we wanted a ocean view room without construction.

In the end, we finally got a room with a very nice ocean view. The bed was comfortable and the amenities were luxurious. The only complaint my husband had was that the bathtub only fit one person at a time.

The service was great. We had lunch at the pool and the food was very good. I would recommend this hotel, but I do think it is on the pricey side.

Room Tip: Make sure you request ocean view room that is not facing the residential area.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at Montage Laguna Beach, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Thank you for your recent visit to Montage Laguna Beach. We appreciate your feedback, and apologize for any issues you encountered. We do not wish for any of our guests to feel dissatisfied.

I regret that you were less than satisfied with your room location; however I am happy that we were able to amend this situation for you. We pride ourselves on providing truly customized service with keen attention to detail, and I apologize that you didn’t experience this upon your arrival. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. I’ll send you a private message with my contact information. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Todd Orlich
New York
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The hotel and location are fantastic. Breathtaking views, great location, nice pool and though did not use it, the spa is supposed to be nice. The landscaping is fantatstic. Prices, however, are over the top, so this paradise does not come cheap. Even a sandwich at the pool is over $20. Can get breakfast at Ruby's across the street or pay $$$$ at the hotel. Easy to spot a celebrity at the hotel if you look. Thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Just think that service was a slight notch less than the last time we were here. This time it was a bit off season at the pool but busy with a meeting and luncheons so did not get the usual spritzes and smoothies at the pool and had to wait a bit to get our car when we went out, but not too bad.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
We value your compliments of Montage Laguna Beach and greatly appreciate your feedback. I would like to apologize for any service issues you encountered during your time with us. I regret that we did not exceed your expectations in some outlets of the resort. Montage prides itself on providing truly customized service in order to ensure a flawless stay. I am disappointed that yours was anything less. I’ll send you a private message with my contact information. Please reach out to me if you would like to discuss your experience further.

Todd Orlich
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My 2 daughters and I spent Oct 8-9 at the Laguna Beach Montage. It was an overnight made in heaven! We all were treated like princesses and experienced first class service from the Vallet parking to the room attendants, spa, Loft restaurant and the attendants at the pool. We enjoyed the spectacular oceanview from our room which was comfortable, and well equipped with everything we needed. The Loft food was absolutely delicious.....mushroom risotto left you wanting more. It was served with attentiveness and expertise....we were served wines which complemented each dinner course. Thank-you all at Laguna Beach Montage! You exceeded our expectations and we will be back for MORE!!

Room Tip: Oceanview - the rooms have balconies and it is delightful to sit outside with a perfect view of the...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank jbgerali
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Everything about this hotel is perfect. The rooms are beautiful (even those without an ocean view), the restaurants have wonderful food, the service is excellent. You do have to pay attention to where you are going, as the property is quite big....but that does give you a chance to explore this lovely place.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple