This was our second trip to Montage, Laguna Beach and honestly I enjoyed this outing even more than the first time around.
First things first: we were met at the door with a big basket of toys for our dog Charlie, who was staying with us for the first time, as we entered the lobby and it was wonderful surprise.Then again, Montage is what I would call a first class property and just like Disneyland, they tend do things well and get it right the first time.
Our room was a North facing ocean view (that is exactly like the images you seen on Trip Advisor) and as return guests we were given a split of chilled champagne and some little nibbles that were presented beautifully in our entry way.They also put a dog bed and bowls for our dog which helped us allot although we weren't told about those being provided when I asked. The only negative thing I have is say about our room is that while the cheerful California themed decor was very pleasant and reminded me of an upscale beach house, the yellow and white carpeting and upholstery could use a deep cleaning to give it that clean feeling we all love.Then again, with pets staying in the ground floor level rooms (where you are required to stay with pets) trying to keep the light colored fabrics clean and bright would and must be a full time job!
The bathrooms: have carrara marble and are very large with separate water closets for privacy and double sinks + a deep soaking tub that I wouldn't miss relaxing in after stressful day.
The Spa: Montage Spa is and remains my favorite after my last and previous visits. My only regret is not having enough time to really relax and enjoy it more than I did. I would plan spending a big chunk of time to just lounge around before and after your appointment and I would not miss spending as much time as possible there! Peggy was my massage therapist and I would highly recommend her.
Tips: Sunset Yoga is free for guests. When booking my spa appointment it said that my massage or facial would include lunch + sunset yoga, which I thought was a deal. It was a deal @219. + tip, but what I didn't realize is that yoga would normally not be extra if you're staying at the hotel.
Walking: this property sits of one of my favorite pieces of land in California and for this reason I always look forward to staying and walking at least twice a day to the beach and on the paths-especially if you're bringing your dog along. Also, there's a big fire pit on the property with a excellent view of the coastline that is very romantic and just a cozy way to end the day, especially during fall evening and nights but bring your sweaters.This coastal area gets foggy and cool most every night. The big beautiful pool that sits in the middle of the property is a stunner and I wish I could have taken some laps in it before leaving, but we were just too rushed to take full advantage of everything we could have but that doesn't mean you have to miss it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Montage Laguna Beach is a luxury California beach resort where guests enjoy premium services including including rejuvenating wellness options at the 20,000-square-foot Spa Montage; gourmet dining at Studio, The Loft, or Mosaic Bar and Grille; outdoor relaxing by one of two onsite pool decks; and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Montage Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montage Laguna Beach Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Hotel Laguna Beach
- Montage Resort Laguna Beach