“Lou! Give me a milk! CHOCOLATE!!!”
Review of Ruby's Diner

Ruby's Diner
Ranked #37 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Purley, England, United Kingdom
“Lou! Give me a milk! CHOCOLATE!!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Lou! give me a milk! Chocolate! Actually.... Give me a mud shake that you just got in with coffee, caramel and cookies with the leftovers in a metal tin thing and make sure you don't slide it across the bar this time as you've broken a few of the last ones..... That is what he would have said at this place. The seats are clad with red shiny leather (maybe easier to clean) and old school cars get washed out front daily. Rooftop is also available with a patio.
It was 12 but I was still in the mood for breakfast whilst my (best in the world ever.... She is looking and this is getting me points!) girlfriend had one of the bacon burgers. The food is pretty good. Great value too. The guys speak Spanish in there too. (Hablan Espanol tambien para los que necesiten) the shakes at 4.99 are better value than Johnny Rockets pound for pound. If you like to be taken back to your youth or like old school), drop by. There is parking outside and a sea view from upstairs if the weather permits tolerable experiences.
MENU: menu consists of burritos, omelettes, all day breakfast, French and cinnamon toast, burgers, fries are free refill if you like too. There's something for everybody here. The only annoyance is the lack of space underneath the tables for legs and feet. I screwed up my girlfriends white shoes good today because of the large metal pole underneath the table. She was so mad!... At the table our course because I am respected. I don't have much space as I am writing this review with wifi from the dog house.

• Visited January 2014

Las Vegas, Nevada
“ALWAYS GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We go to Ruby's every time we're in Laguna - love the atmosphere, although noisy, the food is always consistent, and the ambience is fun. we have their cups, glasses and shirts. Really love their ommelets and my partner loves their eggs/bacon/etc. and their gluten free english muffin is really good for people allergic to gluten. Coffee is good also.

• Visited December 2013
Ventura, CA
“Poor Service, OK Food”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate at Ruby's twice. Once was take out and once for sit down. Both breakfast. We ran in on a Saturday morning headed for the beach and grabbed the breakfast sliders. Hawaiian roll, split sausage, egg and cheese. Hard to mix that up. We got dies of fruit . The sliders we great although thrown together poorly. Second meal was breakfast Sunday. Half empty restaurant, four people in our party. We waited and got coffee. One cup appears to be it as they never came around again till we were finished. I had the huevos rancheros. Crispy flour tortillas with beans in the middle covered by two eggs and cheese. Eggs were cooked like rocks yet the minimal cheese was cold and unmelted. Sent it back. Wife had one of the scrambles and said it had a funny taste. We waited and waited for the check and finally went to the counter to have them draw the check and paid. When asked how everything was we said, very poor service. They smiled and said thanks for coming. Never even listened.

Pass.

• Visited October 2013
Soutnern California
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My wife always looks for cinnamon swirl French toast when eating breakfast out. Rubys had it on their menu. She thought it was one of the best she has had. I had a breakfast burrito which was also very good. We will definitely return.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great breakfasts and burgers”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We took a run along the Pacific Coast Highway and stopped at Ruby's for breakfast as a treat. The selection is wide and traditionally American (pancakes, eggs, waffles, omelettes, you name it). As always service was impeccably friendly and never rushed.

Food quality is great and pretty good value for money too (most main breakfasts are under $10-$15).

We came again for lunch and were not disappointed with the burgers.

In the Summer they open up the top deck with views out to the ocean. Plenty of parking available if you fancy using it as a rest stop

• Visited July 2013