“Awesome”

La Sirena Grill - Laguna Beach
Ranked #38 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: The original La Sirena Grill. Reminiscent of a hole in the wall in old Mexico. This location offers the finest in sidewalk dining.
“Awesome”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

All I can say is this place was the bomb!!! I'm Hispanic and picky about my carne asada and guacamole .. I don't expect much if it's not authentic & homemade! But I was incredibly HAPPY!!! YUM!!! Knowing that they are organic, fresh, and care about the environment made one of the best places to eat during our stay in Laguna beach.. Can't wait to come back!! I'm craving it now!!!!

Laguna Beach, California
“Great any time of day”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I especialloy like to come here for breakfast. My husband & I split a burrito & take it to the beach to eat. Not much seating - but that's OK. They have a larger restaurant in S.Laguna with seating & alcohol. My favorite at lunch is the calamari or the salmon - eiather taco or burrito is wonderful. Get there before 11:30 or the line of high school kids is REALLY long.

Visited June 2012
“Outstanding, Healthy Mexican Food!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This small restaurant serves healthy & tasty Mexican food. It is not your typical greasy, cheesy fare. It is obvious that the owner wanted to do something different here. If you are looking for something light, the avocado-lime dressed salad is wonderful. My favorite is the shrimp burrito... but they don't always have shrimp. The menu items change and often it is due to unavailability of "sustainable" seafood. The salsas are amazing too!

• Visited April 2012
Boise, ID
“Great tex mex place - love the guac!”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I could have been happy just with a bowl of guac and chips. Yum -- loved the chunky guacamole. I got the chicken nachos, hubs got the fish tacos. One daughter got the avocado salad and others got tacos.
The guy at the front was great -- helped us figure out what to get, what was good, etc. Fresh ingredients and very quick. Limited seating outside, but thankfully we got there early before the rush. Priced right, too.

• Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
“If I lived nearby, I'd be a regular”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Love finding that gem of a restaurant when we're on the road. We had the chile relleno special, like no other-- a different kind of pepper, not deep fried and no cheese. Instead, stuffed with grilled shrimp and scallops and amazing flavors, accompanied by fresh mango and cilantro salsa and vegetarian black beans, chips and fresh house-made green chile for dipping. Stunning colors, fresh and healthy ingredients. Oh-- we went to their south Laguna location, too. A different experience. Go there when you want to choose from a gazillion beers on tap.

• Visited March 2012