“Comfortable & Clean”

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
Tyler, Texas
“Comfortable & Clean”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this property and location. Our first day, after a 2 hour drive and 3 hour flight, we arrived shortly after 10:00 a.m. I was greeted by Majid and he told me check in was at 3pm, however, we could go ahead and do the paperwork and I was free to leave my rental car in the parking lot. As we were checking in, he said someone had checked out early that morning and he would call housekeeping and have the room ready for me by 11:30 if I would like to come back at that time. Since we had been traveling since 1:30am PST it was very much appreciated. He recommended several restaurants and told us of the free trolly.

Upon our return, shortly after noon, he gave me the key to our room and we were very happy with the accommodations. We had a second-floor suite and it was large. There was a king-sized bed, dresser, futon, end tables, flat screen tv, and a large mirrored closet in one room, and a king-sized sofa sleeper, chair, table with 2 stools, flat screen tv, counter with sink, small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hot plate, toaster, some dishes and utensils in the other room. Adjoining both rooms was a large bathroom. We had 2 a/c units, nice bath towels and the beds and bedding were comfortable.

Our view was panoramic of the ocean from our private balcony. However, you do not see the beach due to the homes in front of you, but it is still a decent view and you definitely hear the ocean and smell the ocean breeze. You can take a left or right out of Seaside and be at the beach in a minute.

Majid always addressed me by my first name, which I appreciated, and he would ask how the room was, if I was enjoying my stay, etc. Housekeeping does a phenomenal job and our room was spotless. Parking is free, which is rare in this town, and since you can walk to so many places in Laguna Beach, or take the trolly, it's nice to leave the car parked. Wi-fi is also free.

We enjoyed our stay and the hospitality we received. I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You have an ocean view from the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelFan5355

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
California
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. There was 4 of us in 2 great rooms. The staff was wonderful to us and both rooms were very clean. It was very hot for August but the air conditioner worked hard to cool off the room and the bed was so comfortable. The room was large enough for the 2 of us with bed and a table with 2 chairs. When all four were in one room it got tight but the balcony on the second floor room is very large. We spent a lot of time there at night and in the morning. You can hear the ocean at night after the city gets quite.
After reading the reviews I was not sure what to expect but I would stay here again. I have stayed at other places in Laguna at much higher prices but this is now my favorite. You can catch the trolley from here to the main part of the city. And the restaurant across the street Mozambique has happy hour specials and a great view.

Room Tip: The second floor has the balcony's but the sun can be very warm. We stayed in 201 and 202 they...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank MGD828
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was perfect for a weekend getaway. It is a little less than a mile from downtown Laguna - we enjoyed walking into town but there was also a free shuttle with a stop across the street. There is an ocean view from the second level rooms (over a row of houses) and there are very generous sized balcony's. We slept with the door open listening to the ocean, it was great! The price was reasonable for the summer and there was beach access right behind the hotel and there were hardly any people on it. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff were friendly.

Room Tip: Make sure you get the king suite. Only the second floor has an ocean view.
1 Thank Jeni685
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I plan a trip to Laguna every year, so we know the area pretty well. It was our first stay here, however, because the price was great for being so close to the beach. We had to try it:
Pros: Proximity to the beach was great. The entire Inn has quick beach access. That really was what made our stay. Second floor views of the ocean. Close to shuttle stop and decent proximity to downtown LB.

Cons: Small everything. There was no full-length mirror which was a little frustrating. The A/C was LOUD. Tip: when you're out for the day, leave it on so when you get back you don't have to listen to it. There's no full breakfast which ended up being a real problem for us (our fault, next time we'll stay at a place that does).

The place looked old, even for being recently remodeled. If you stay on the first level, you're view is an alley. Spend the few extra dollars and get a room on the upper level. Staff was decent and parking is good at earlier times in the day.

Room Tip: First level is ground level with a view to an alley with private residences. Second floor has the oc...
2 Thank Kiley C
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Great value for a hotel in a beautiful beach town. Ocean views from a private balcony and access to a private beach. A bit noisy as it is off of PCH, but the rooms were quaint and very clean. The office staff was very friendly and accommodating. I will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank 726marcier
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I made reservations 6 months prior to my check-in date. I show up only to be told they are sold out and only have one room left which was in their lobby upstairs. Manager said they have “issues” with on-line reservation websites but don't worry he will show me the room “where VIP’s stay”. I agreed to see the room. Asked how would I get to the room if the lobby closes at 6pm? Manager said I would have to call him on his cell phone and wait for him to arrive to open the lobby door if I wanted to get in or out. The room had A/C which you could only feel if you stood next to the unit. There was no tv and NO DRAPES! It had a sliding door that faced the street so oncoming cars would shine their headlights right onto the beds. It was 90 degrees inside the room, manager said he could bring in a fan so I could be comfortable. I left!!!

6 Thank agomezbolt

Travelers are raving about these Laguna Beach hotels

Irvine, California
Reviewed July 17, 2014

The good: price was very reasonable during weekday from 7/8 - 7/11 compared to the other hotels in the area.(175.00nightly), refrigerator in the room with A/C, Many access to the beach, right on PCH. It was approx 1mile from the Main area of Laguna beach.

The bad. Room was VERY small. For 2 adults, it had 2 full size beds but there were barely enough room to walk through. So if more then 2 adults it would be a tight fit. Not enough spaces to put away your clothes or hang. You have to literally live out of your suite case.

But I would recommend this hotel. Clean and well kept area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family