“Warm Salsa and cols Service”
Review of Asada Laguna - CLOSED

Asada Laguna
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Tried this place last Friday night. Very loud atmosphere. Salsa is served hot, OK somthing different. Food was just OK, very Salty, too much salt on chips, too much salt on fried green bean appitizer, too much salt on Chile relleno. Service was sub par, my water glass went empty twice, I hate that. Food was served incorrectly with sour cream even though we specificly asked for no sour cream. Had to make two requests for extra Pico. Will not return !

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Came on a busy Saturday night with a reservation. This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at Pelican Hill Resort therefore we expected it to be great.
Firstly I want to say that the location is great. Everything from the rustic/modern décor and fully stocked spacious bar. Its a cool looking place and was very excited to try some food.
I ordered a michelada and it appeared to be one of their specialities on their menu. I was expecting to have delicious michelada but received a less than decent one. The waiter asked me how I liked it. I liked the fact that he asked and reassured me that I would love it if they made me another. So I agreed to have another. It was much better than the first one I had but still not so impressed. Not to self, don't ask for another michelada.
I appreciate that they give you chips and salsa when you arrive. However, I feel that a free starter should add something to your experience than make you question it. Chips were eh...flavorless and salsa was good but not for chips. I have many salsas in my days and If you ask me they could do better.
I don't mind the price they want to charge for this food, considering its in laguna and a hot spot but atleast give me some good food. I ordered beef crispy tacos with rice and beans and hubby ordered lobster burrito. Taco meet was dry and flavorless. I did enjoy the rice and black beans.
Overall, I wasn't too impressed. It was good to try something new. I recommend Javiers. I would have gone there but it was booked this past weekend. good luck.

Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Everything at this restaurant is great from start to finish. Guac, bean dip, constant refill of fresh chips. Had prawn and ahi tacos, burritos, and carne asada. Attentive staff and great atmosphere. Had to go back again during our 5 day visit. Excellent meal! Walked out stuffed for under $100 for 4 people.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food with some original and health oriented dishes are consistently great! The drinks though pricey are excellent as well.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a very pricey operation and the food is not up to what you would expect in Southern California where you can find a lot of good Mexican food for far less than we paid at Asada. Service was only marginal. I would not return