“Awesome Valentine's Date!”

Broadway by Amar Santana
Reserve with OpenTable
Broadway by Amar Santana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Forest Avenue
Description: Open Daily at 5pm. Ongoing specials: Monday ~ $39 Prix Fixe, Tuesdays ~ Small plates, Wednesday ~ No corkage
Palm Harbor, FL
“Awesome Valentine's Date!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The food and presentation were phenomenal. The waiter was attentive. Everything we tasted was delicious. The octopus app was our favorite! Would highly recommend!

London, United Kingdom
“Great Service, Great Atmosphere, Great Food”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Broadway was one of the best meals I've had in a very long time. The renovation from the old place, decor and atmosphere is amazing. I loved the vibe and when we asked for the music to be turned down they totally changed the station to something more mellow as we were on the early side of the rush. Our waitress was on point, made great recommendations and great service overall. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a date night, night out with good friends or just to sit at the bar and watch the chefs cook.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MishaWolf86
Newport Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,212 helpful votes
“Good food, mixed service, beautiful space”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I took a friend to Broadway for his birthday last night. It was our first time there, and our friend's third time. We thought they did a great job renovating the space, creating a very clean, open and pleasant restaurant space.

Food was good to very good. My octopus starter was a little undercooked and chewier than it should have been, but the beet salad and other starters were delicious. My beef cheeks entree was delicious, and my husband's skirt steak was also superb. Our desserts were good to great, the favorite being my peanut butter-banana selection.

Service was mixed. Our very friendly waitress was not too attentive to start--we waited a while to even get water, let alone the cocktails we'd ordered. She didn't come by to check on us even when it was obvious we needed attention, in our opinion. Another waiter ended up taking over serving us the meal, it seemed, and he was far superior in his attentiveness. So service started out badly and got better by the end, as a result.

Overall, we really liked the restaurant. Were the service to be better from start to finish, we'd have given 5 out of 5. The food certainly was delicious enough that we will be happy to return to give them another shot!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Bill R
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“Best in Laguna”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were with friends who knew the owner, so that did help. We were overwhelmed with the welcome and were treated like royalty. We were introduced to the owner and being from the UK I suppose it was a bit of a novelty, not many Brits visited this restaurant. We were allocated to Neil who was our server, he was very professional and looked after us all night, what service, what a sense of humour.
The food had to be some of the best I have eaten in the States, the deserts were delicious and most unusual. I could not fault this place. The locals were very friendly and you felt as if you had known them for ages. A brilliant night, with brilliant owners. Well done. When we visit our friends again, I will insist on going back. A marvelous experience

• Visited October 2013
Irvine
“Verdant”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Amar, may I be so informal as to address you by first name?

Of course, I can.

After the verdant meal you and your staff prepared for my friends and I, diplomacy escapes me and I would much rather replace your name with some expletives. But, I digress.

Explosive flavors and culinary nirvana escaped us. A "cutting edge" food experience, it was NOT - LIES and Deception.

The cocktails and complimentary bread were excellent. Kudos to the mixologists and the bakery from which you order your bread.

The Crisp Braised Pork Belly was good.

The Roasted Bone Marrow prepared with ox tail marmalade and marinated anchovies was average.

The Confit Lamb Shank served with braised bean ragout, lamb bacon lardons, and mint chimichurri was below average. Made me wonder if you and your staff understand the meaning of confit.

The Grilled Smoked Pork Chop served with Black Mission Figs, red quinoa, crisp prosciutto wrapped salsify and fig pork jus was again average.

However, the Grilled Aged New York Steak served with glazed heirloom carrots, spinach and smoked marrow bordelaise was superlative.

Genuine charm and skillfulness does not germinate from bells and whistles but rather from an innate passion coupled with the application of physical labor involved in delivering measurable outcomes rather than hyperbole.

• Visited July 2013