Art Hotel - Laguna Beach
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$209
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$249
  • Pool
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Breakfast included
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$283
$242
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
La Casa del Camino(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$169
Laguna Beach Inn(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$159
Travelocity
$189
  • Pool
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
$119
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$140
$136
Hotwire.com
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$148
  • Pool
All reviewsgranola barsacross the streetconvenience store next doorsmall pastriesfriendly place to staycrescent baypageant of the mastersfree underground parkingfun hotelsmall balconyfresh fruittrolley stopshort walkpool was heatedmain beachclean hotelocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Gail D, Public Relations Manager at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed here for two nights in February and really appreciated this hotel. This is an older hotel that the current owners are still working on upgrading. The room is large enough and comfortable. It has a refrigerator and coffee maker, both useful. They offer a small breakfast (fresh fruit and some fresh pastries). There is a small pool.

Usefully, the hotel is just across the street from a road to access one of Laguna's beach coves. This beach has washrooms and is not crowded. It's also not a great surfing beach, so there are not a lot of surfers. (Of course, that's a drawback if you are one.) The hotel offers beach chairs and umbrellas (left by previous guests) which make a day at the beach much more pleasant. Unfortunately, they can't do anything about the temperature of the water in February.

The owners were most accommodating. We shortened our stay by a day and they had no problem with that. Further, they were happy to let us take hotel towels and beach chairs to the beach, and leave our car parked in their lot, after we had checked out.

My only complaint is that, due to the configuration of the room, the only place to watch TV from was in the bed. The room has a sofa bed, but it is next to the TV. I don't know if this is true of the other rooms.

The hotel is about a mile from the center of Laguna Beach, where the main beach, restaurants, shopping (Whole Foods), etc., are. That means either some walk or driving. But its cost is half to a fifth of the hotels that are closer to the center.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank g26sailor

Thank you for staying at the hotel. Yes, some rooms have a different configuration. We hope you enjoyed visiting Laguna Beach. We welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

The front desk lady was awesome, very nice and welcoming but whomever does the reservations needs a tune up. We stayed one night and the hotel itself needs work but was clean enough which is the minimum. I called later after checking out and was told no big deal come on in when you want and stay for another night. Came in at 8pm just to be told they didn't have a room for us and for some reason they thought we needed a pet friendly room so instead of the king non pet friendly room I made the second reservation for they thought I wanted a twin pet friendly. I was pretty pissed because they are lucky I live 45 minutes away and could drive home!!! Plus just spend an extra 10-20 bucks and go stay at the Inn at laguna beach. Way nicer, cleaner, competant staff (and friendly to boot) backs up to the beach and closer to the fun stuff in Laguna. Much better deal.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqueline H
Gail D, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

We always do our best to accommodate our guests. At the time of asking, we had a room available. Just before booking the rooms, we did our best to contact the guest to verify if they wanted an additional evening. We tried for hours, with no luck in trying to reach her, afterward concluding to book the room. When the room was originally booked, the reservation stated there was a pet - and we were never told there wasn't a pet. We have 6 rooms that are pet friendly; we would have loved to save the pet friendly room for a pet.

So there was just a communication gap between the reservations that were made, the guest and our check in staff. We do apologize, and as always - as a single owner/operator, we do our best to make our guests as comfortable as possible. And we do our best to "fix" anything, if made aware of it.

We do hope you enjoyed Laguna Beach.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I read several reviews about this property before I decided to book here. I really enjoy staying at "mom and pop' type of places and this one is right up there.

When we arrived we were greeted and given instructions on where and how to get to the beach, etc. Most of the hotels in Laguna Beach are off the ocean but there are a few that are ocean side ($$$ from what I saw). We didn't mind walking the block or so to Vista Point and then down to the beach-which has cliffs and rocks intermixed with the beaches. We stayed at Crescent Beach and explored the tide pools and watch a WHALE and dolphins along with seals and sealions.

We stayed here Dec 30 in room 213-one of the desk employees favorite rooms-it even has a view of the ocean! And you can sit on a small balcony. This room overlooks the pool and is right next to the hot tub.

The room was clean, plentiful bath linens, coffee, refrig, blowdryer, door to the room and bathroom closed quietly and you could be in the bathroom without the fan going! Yipee (one of my pet peeves for hotel rooms). It was quiet too, no noticeable road traffic noise whatsoever.

Breakfast snacks-Danish, juice and fruit were served at the office desk. A nice touch which my family appreciated.

Yes, the motel might need a little sprucing up but I can't fault the room and we enjoyed our stay. The only thing I would have changed in our room is the wall (paper) color and asked for a couple more pillows.

The hotel staff was very appreciative of my suggestions I made and thanked me graciously. When asked about where to eat, they suggested Dicks but we wanted seafood so we drove (nothing is very far south of this hotel, all an easy drive away) down to The Big House of Fish and Ice Cold Beer. (check that review as well!)

They told us the easiest way to get to the airport, etc. This hotel staff deserves a pat on the back. They even printed off my boarding passes for me! Thanks!

Our room was less than $150 including taxes, had free underground parking and an elevator. It seems to me that if you booked for a week the rate was very inexpensive. This would be a good 'home base' inbetween the Dana Point area/attractions and attractions up north for a good price.

Room Tip: Stay in 213- nice view and quiet too!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MyPrairieGirl
Gail D, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you for your stay, we are a proud "Mom and Pop" hotel. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed at the Art Hotel several times but the last two times we've noticed it's looking a bit neglected. At first glance of the rooms they seem nice. However the beds that haven't been replaced need to - now. The bathrooms pretty much in every unit need to be updated - now. The microwave in our room had not "feet" on ye bottom so it sat wobbling on the mini-fridge. I decided to take a closer look at the inside of it as well because you never know if they get cleaned too well in hotels. Well I've posted a pic of the inside and it was horrible. This thing should be banned, no kidding. The coating on the inside was completely burned/peeled off. Mold in the shower and in the wallpaper and the grout on the tile floor needs to be bleached. I'm so unimpressed and saddened that fairly simple maintenance issues that will be quite an impression on guests are not being taken care of. Not sure if we'll be back.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Harvickfans

Thank you for your stay, and we apologize for your inconvenience. Being a single operator with this hotel, it's often difficult to catch everything. We heavily rely on our guests to share their experiences, positive or negative. And sometimes our cleaning crew doesn't catch things either. As soon as we read this comment, I immediately dropped what I was doing and purchased a new microwave.

As far as the ceiling crack, it's our time of the year to bring in maintenance and review each room. We are thankful for this "problem", but it's hard for our maintenance people to work in a room because we're constantly booked.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and the situations have been solved.