Art Hotel - Laguna Beach
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
  • Breakfast included
Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$239
The Ranch at Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$299
Laguna Beach Lodge(Laguna Beach)
$135
Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$339
$253
$179
  • Beachfront
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$695
$676
$593
Preferred Hotels
  • Pool
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$180
$155
Travelocity
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$295
$282
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsgranola barsacross the streetconvenience store next doorsmall pastriesfriendly place to staycrescent baypageant of the mastersfree underground parkingfun hotelsmall balconyfresh fruittrolley stopshort walkpool was heatedmain beachclean hotelocean view
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed a one nighter at the Art Hotel. I checked in late and was taken care of promptly. The room was clean with plenty of room for two people. The property had some interesting art all over the place. It kind of had a funky feel to it which I didnt mind. The continental breakfast was pretty weak and just a few plastic wrapped sweet rolls. I would suggest you make plans to eat breakfast somewhere. There was underground parking but I got there late so i had to park on the street which was no big. For the money it was hard to beat the place and I would stay here again. Across the street in an awesome beach and cove area.

Room Tip: I would suggest 2nd floor away from coast highway.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
gailDC51, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you. Come earlier next time, we offer many suggestions in Laguna Beach.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a great value motel in an area that has pretty expensive accommodation. When we arrived it was easy to find the motel and park in the underground car park. The staff on reception were really friendly especially Robert who was lovely and very welcoming. The nearest beach is beautiful and very unspoilt. The room was big and comfortable with a large bathroom, plenty of storage space and everything that you might need including a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. It was also very clean. There was a small pool and hot tub but we didn't use these during our stay. The self serve breakfast was very adequate with cereal bars, pastries, bottles of water and fresh fruit - great to get you started for the day. The only issue we had was the distance from the centre of Laguna Beach. It was a 30 to 40 minute walk (me and my wife walk fast so it could be longer depending on the length of your legs!!) along a fairly busy road. We had thought that it was more in the centre and were slightly disappointed with the distance and it wasn't really possible to walk along the beach either, which was a shame as they're all really pretty. It was pretty hot while we were there so walking along the busy road wasn't pleasant. It was only a 5 minute drive though so if you didn't mind not having a drink with your lunch or dinner then it was fine. Having said that I would deifnitely consider staying here again as it was so friendly and the motels nearer to town were much more expensive so this has to be taken into consideration when deciding where to stay. All in all a great motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed four nights in a king room with a small balcony, and enjoyed it very much. The room was clean and comfortable with modest appointments. The location in north Laguna was perfect for my short commute north to Newport Beach where I had several appointments. The walk to the nearest beach from the hotel was about five minutes, and the Laguna beaches are beautiful and well maintained by the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rockingpk
gailDC51, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Art Hotel for four nights around Valentine's day. We found a good online sale and crossed our fingers.

For me, a worthwhile hotel needs three essentials: a comfortable bed, a peaceful environment and a clean room. Unfortunately, Art Hotel stumbled on two of those three. Plus, we experienced another snafu which was irritating.

The bed in our room was long past its expiration date. A valley ran down the middle of the bed and pulled my wife and I together each night like a giant taco. All romantic possibilities aside, I slept at a slant and awoke each morning with a sore back. Second, when the cheap HVAC unit kicked on, it sounded like a freight train. The noise of the compressor was so loud we eventually just turned it over to 'fan' so the background noise would drown out the outside traffic. Room cleanliness was just average. We found a pack of razors someone had left and was missed by housekeeping. Also, my wife dropped part of an earring and while on hands and knees, I happened to look under the bed. Don't. Do. That.
The irritating extra was that, due to a booking error on the front end, our electronic room keys didn't work in our door---not one, not twice, but 4 TIMES in 4 days. It's frustrating to leave one's room and continually be locked out upon return.
Plusses? The hosts were pleasant and friendly. The hotel does have a shabby chic charm and it's probably one of the cheapest places to stay in spendy Laguna Beach.
My recommendation? spend the extra $25 and get a better place. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back, away from the busy highway traffic out front.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bill B
gailDC51, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I went to guest profile, to better know a guest I didn't interface with, especially for a 4 day stay - which is unusual.

Any expressions of disappointment only makes the Art Hotel Laguna Beach a better place.

About me: (guest)
I marked 'middle of the road' in travel style, but am very willing to rough it in the right destinations. I've got a backpack and a tent and I'm willing to use them!

This Ocean View room is more a feather bed sleeping room versus firm. Won't work with guest willing to sleep in a tent; wants firm surface - for sure. Never heard about the HVAC, happy to know now to check and repair. Thank you, didn't know. I will definately review your comments on
housekeeping issues. No excuse. Busy 4 day week-end doesn't matter.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I made a reservation online...Gail called me asking when I might arrive when I had made the reservation for a date 2 weeks in the future. Then I called back 2 days later to cancel and received confirmation. I just got another call from Gail confirming my reservation when I received a confirmation regarding the cancellation. She said she was "leaning on [me]" because SHE hadn't properly cancelled the reservation in her own records. When I told her that was unprofessional and that she had wasted my time (it took me over 30 min to finally get through b/c the line was repeatedly busy), she said it was my own fault that I let someone "steal [my] joy," and that I shouldn't have been stressed about a possible $200 charge for a room I didn't want/need.

I rarely give ratings based on service alone, but the service here was so atrocious that it is well deserved!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JYKK
gailDC51, Owner at Art Hotel - Laguna Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

I thank this guest for helping me realize how "important" the words we speak are.
There was never a conversation about being charged a penny after the guest was sent a
cancellation email. (easy to track.)
The call was triggered the day of arrival because I had not cancelled the hardcopy paperwork,
when I cancelled the computer reservation.
I would rather communicate more often with the guest, when something is is question than not.
In this case, it caused to much anxiety for the guest; This was never the intent.
When I get up in the morning, I hope to offer to my guests "Peace & Rest", and the relationship begins with the reservation. I am a strong believer that "No one steals Your Joy" no matter the
situation (you have to allow it yourself); but "My words" were misunderstood this time: I apologixe for any mis-understanding. Everyone has enough going on....I am open to improve my communication skills. You have made me & and Art Hotel a better place! Thank you.