My sister and I are here in California for a few months taking care of my Mom's estate (she passed away in January). During the course of remodeling her home, we needed a place to stay during the demolition. We wanted to stay in Laguna Woods (about 10 miles inland from Laguna Beach) but couldn't find anything for less than $70 per night. We then found a small add in a weekly flying advertising a weekly rate at a Laguna Beach motel on the PCH.
We actually stumbled onto Best Inn by accident. Wendy, the front desk receptionist was awesome and said she had a great weekly rate that was just a bit higher than the motel we were originally trying to find. But the kicker was that Best Inn was in much better shape and had a lot more to offer.
We're at the end of our 2nd week here and really love it. I don't know what the summer rates are but our weekly rate is $442.40 (including the stiff hotel tax). Try to find this price elsewhere in the area; it's not easy! This place has met our needs perfectly with the following:
- under the hotel, there is safe, clean, secure parking
- continental breakfast of fruit, cereal, several kinds of bagels, cream cheese, OJ and coffee.
- I don't know about the other rooms but ours is a very spacious one with a small desk w/chair, a side chair, 2 queen beds, large TV stand with 3 large drawers, microwave and small refrigerator. The bathroom is HUGE and there's plenty of space for me and my sis' stuff on the counter. Also, the tub is one of the largest I've seen although neither of us are tub people. Great shower as well.
- daily maid service is great
- there is a mini-mart next door to pop over and buy simple necessities and we are just a few short blocks (down hill) to the beach. But we are just 2 blocks from our favorite Laguna Beach park which is Crescent Park (aka Vista Point)
- just outside our room is their pool with plenty of seating and even an hammock. There are also lots of plants and seating areas elsewhere as the motel is multi-level with little outdoor places to sit and relax.
Believe me, we have a lot of bags of stuff (files, suitcases, boxes of papers, etc.) and we aren't cramped in the least. There is even a mirrored large closet with lots of hangars. Look at the website photos which may help.
Anyway, we were so happy to have found this place and keep thinking how blessed we are! I just wanted to help someone else out who may find themselves in the same situation as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This affordable hotel is only a skip away from the downtown shops and galleries. Located a stroll from Crescent Bay and Beach. It offers 1 or 2 bed accommodations with microwave, fridge, WIFI, free parking and heated pool, & a talented artist in every room, besides around the entire property. Randy Morgan Gallery is also now on the property. Randy created to bas-relief murals around the pool area in 2016. This hotel boasts of being the closet to the gorgeous Crystal Cove State Park, Crescent Bay Park and Pelican Hills Golf Course. "Free" Trolley is available every week-end: 4-11PM Friday, 11AM-11PM Saturday, 11AM-8PM SUNDAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Art Hotel - Laguna Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Inn Laguna Beach
- Art Laguna Beach