“so relaxing”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

a great place for drinks by the ocean.Get there early as it gets crowded. Drinks were wonderfully made and refreshing.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Was able to enjoy a great breakfast right on the sand and there were even heat lamps to keep warm before the sun peaked out.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Service was good but I could have sat there all day looking at that view. Had breakfast and french toast was burned and seating is minimal so get there early for dining.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a reservation next door at The Beach House and were early, so the Hostess suggested we go to The Deck for a cocktail. We descended the stairs and were greeted by someone who stated they had no seats in the main area, but there were 2 along the rail on the landing. Since we were waiting for the rest of our party, this was fine for us (we didn't want to take up space when we would be leaving soon anyway). The person who met us brought menus and we sat down to enjoy the view.

What we didn't realize was that this area is not covered by any servers. After waiting and watching 3 other tables who came in after us be served, we realized we were on our own to get a servers attention. This failed as well (now we know why they wear sunglasses - so you can't see their eyes when they ignore you). After several failed attempts of arm waving to a server that was 20 feet away, I went to the bar to order 2 Mai Tai's.

The bartender then let me know they had no dark rum and asked if light rum would be ok. I asked if he had gold rum, to which he said no. So, he has no dark rum and no gold rum. I thought it was strange that a place would be open and not have at least one of these, but then thought this CA, so maybe they are just aren't into rums or mixed drinks. I let him know to make it with white rum.

I have no idea where he learned to make Mai Tai's. He used three ingredients: white rum, fruit juice (orange and pineapple blend) and grenadine. We have had these drinks from Hawai'i to Barcelona and from CA to FL, but I have never had something like this presented to me as a complete cocktail. Why would you have this as a Happy Hour drink if you do not have the ingredients?

Since we had already been waiting for 20 minutes for service, I went with the drinks (they amounted to a watered down rum punch for Happy Hour prices). They were way off, but, hey, they had booze (albeit cheap booze). Shortly after I sat back down, our dinner party arrived and we went next door to eat.

From a customer's perspective, this place is a joke: inattentive servers, unstocked bars, uneducated bartenders and overall non service. Why not just serve beer and call it a day? At least then you just open the can / bottle and move on.

1  Thank kenmbender
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The food was awesome! It was great to sit by the water and enjoy good food, drink and family! I can't wait to go back!