“Swimming & Exercise”

$149.99*
and up
Orange County Beaches Helicopter Tour from Long Beach
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This place seems to have a lot of beach and walking areas for all sorts of physical activities. There is a fee at the entrance. The fee allows you access to all of California's state parks for the day. Lots of parking.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I hate to give the bad news because so many times I've looked at TripAdvisor and wondered what the complainers were seeing that I wasn't. As a SoCal local who likes the funky vibe at Crystal Cove and takes out-of-towners there occasionally, it does offer a different view of the coastline. Unfortunately, a recent experience tempered all of that. The Beachcomber restaurant has generally good food and a nice bar setup. That is, unless you have a really bad server and you can't get any satisfaction from the manager. A messed up order, endless excuses and a moment ruined. We didn't want a comp or anything, just a recognition that they had really blown it. Sensing the young manager didn't care, I took the time to email their General Manager,Chris Seevers. Apparently, the lack of interest starts at the top: No reply. So, what I can gather from this inattention is the simple fact that they deal with a large tourist customer base - most they will never see again. The point here? Tourists beware.

6  Thank cajones
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The beaches and trails are wonderful. The restaurant, Beachcombers is amazing! Definitely worth the wait to get in....and you can enjoy the beach while you wait.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I first learned about the cove from looking at early California Plein Air paintings : I am attracted to the cove; a short walk give lots of varied coastal views, the old beach colony is being restored and one can hope to rent on of the little bungalows !
Easy parking with an option to take a shuttle bus to the beach from the 101 parking facility

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I stopped here while driving up the coast, and we are so glad we did! We originally stopped at the first parking lot and found out that it was 15$ to park all day, unfortunately we only planned on staying an hour our two. So he suggested going to the next parking lot, and then eating at the beachcomber and as long as we spent $15 they would validate our parking. So thats what we did! (Don''t bother taking the shuttle down it's 1$ per person, and the walk is not bad unless you have a ton to carry) But the beach is beautiful! It wasn't crowded at all (we went on a Wednesday) This was probably one of our favorite places. If we had more time we would go back and spend the entire day!

1  Thank cstarrrun