“Perfect Getaway”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Summerland Cottage

Patio dining
Summerland Cottage
Entrance
Fabulous location
Steps to beach, park and town
Across from private coves
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

angie4med...
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed July 23, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My husband and I had the opportunity to go to Laguna Beach for a business trip/vacation. I researched many different places but decided that Summerland Cottage would be just what we needed, and we were not disappointed. From the moment we pulled up and were greeted by Paulette, the owner, I knew this was a perfect choice. Paulette was so friendly and inviting. She showed us around, gave us great tips for the area and then let us get settled in. She let me know that if we needed anything just to contact her. As soon as I walked through the green doors, I felt like I was in a secret garden. The courtyard was beautiful with a nice, cool breeze. There is a lounge chair to relax on and a table and chairs if you like to sit outside to eat. When you walk into the cottage, you will see that it is beautifully decorated! The kitchen has everything you need from a coffee pot to plenty of pots and pans to cook dinner. There is plenty of windows to open and let in the cool ocean breeze. We kept the fan in the window or door and stayed cool our entire stay. The bed was very comfortable and I loved the feather pillows. Paulette went an extra step in making sure that Summerland Cottage was not only warm and inviting but luxurious and relaxing. What really impressed me was the cleanliness of the cottage and everything you needed was already there; even beach towels and beach chairs. I liked having a washer and dryer too. My husband wanted to make sure that I mentioned the shower was fantastic (good water pressure in the shower is important to him). Also there is fantastic internet speed, wifi and also a hi definition flat screen tv with satellite. I highly recommend Summerland Cottage for your vacation rental.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Ddwolpert
“Laguna Beach Perfection”
Reviewed March 17, 2015 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a perfect place for a couple that's burts with character and charm, that is literally steps from the ocean, away from the crowds, yet still within comfortable walking distance to all the Laguna Beach restaurants and shops, then Summerland Cottage is your place. The moment we walked into the 1929 bungalow we were in love. The owner has thought of everything, including a perfect place to spend your mornings or grab an afternoon nap - a private brick patio that is beautifully landscaped. We are planning another trip to Laguna Beach late this summer and have already booked our stay here. We travel quite a bit and this has been the perfect spot to enjoy the beauty of Laguna Beach, yet still be able to enjoy some peace and quiet. Love, Love, Love!!!
Thanks Paulette!!!

Date of stay: March 2015
Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed May 20, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Date of stay: May 2014
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Secluded getaway, but still walking close to beach, shopping and restaurants
Liked least: Having to leave!
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
LesleH_13
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Very nice cottage!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Very nice place and just the right size for two people. The location is excellent, very close to downtown Laguna Beach. You can walk across the street to the beach.

Date of stay: May 2014
Michigan
Reviewed March 13, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Date of stay: February 2014
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
GayAdair
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect place for two, allowed me to bring my new puppies.”
Reviewed February 12, 2014 for a stay in November 2013
people found this review helpful

Though we usually stay on the south side of town right on the water this was a lovely alternative, just a block from the beach, which allowed me to bring my new pups. Paulette was lovely and not obtrusive. We enjoyed Thanksgiving in our very workable kitchen and enjoyed the roomy bathroom. Entertained visiting family in the sweet patio area. It is hard to have a bad time in Laguna.

Date of stay: November 2013
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: good location near town
Traveling group: Extended Family
People with pets
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Aliso Viejo
Reviewed October 31, 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Date of stay: September 2013
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing