“Excellent kebab !”
Review of GG's Bistro

GG's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
GG's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 177 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laguna Avenue- Legion Street
Description: We have a charming indoor and an outdoor patio perfect for people watching on PCH, we are known for Mediterranean flavors. Open for lunch and dinner every day as well as for breakfast on Sundays, GG's diners to enjoy salads, sandwiches, kebabs and entrees representative of the owners Mediterranean roots. We offer a Gluten free menu and happy hour runs weekdays from 4-6p.M.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Looking for a place for dinner one evening and after checking out the menu, decided to give GG's a try. I was in the mood for some kebabs and the Adana Kebab on their menu caught my eye. I was early so I got seated easily in their outside patio which was only half full. I talked to the waiter about the Adana Kebab and discovered it was the Turkish version of Persian Koobideh - which I am familiar with. So I ordered the Adana. Turns out it was very close to the Persian version. The two kebabs of seasoned/spiced ground beef were terrific. The accompanying rice was good, but personally I liked the Persian rice with saffron on top better. Overall it was quite good.

For dessert I asked if they had baklava and he replied yes. So I ordered it. Two small diamond shaped pastries arrived. Quite tasty and happily not overpoweringly sugary. Perfect size and taste. An excellent dessert to an excellent meal.

The location is great being somewhat elevated from PCH. There is no ocean view however. The service was good and attentive and I found the meal that I ordered was as described by my waiter. If you are in the mood for some seasoned ground beef kebabs, I recommend GG's.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My son and I enjoyed an early dinner at GG's. I should mention that my 16 yr. old baby is a big eater. We arrived at 4:30 p.m. and ordered our dinner, with the guidance of the very pleasant and efficient waitress, off the Happy Hour Menu.

2 orders of chicken kabob with fries (big portion of fries on each plate--okay, so I blew the no carb rule by eating some of the yummy skinny fries)

2 orders of ground beef kabob with fries-can't remember the unusual name.

1 Mediterranean salad-- Delicious

1 Cesar salad--Not so delicious--sort of boring.

Total price for dinner: $30.00 plus tax and tip. We were full and satisfied with our selection. It is an outside bistro; so if dining al fresco is not your thing, you might be a bit let down.

We stuck to water, but the drink selection looked good.

1  Thank lvlady2
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Sister told me about this place because she is gluten-free, this stuff was considerably better than gluten-free pizza I have had in the past so that was kinda cool. The happy hour menu has a lot on it for only $5 so there are a lot of good deals at this place. I usually get pasta which is so so, the one time I had the grilled salmon it was extremely good and would order again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stumbled upon this restaurants while walking in Laguna and were not disappointed. We were looking for a spot to eat lunch and this restaurant offered exactly what we were looking for. We dined on the outdoor patio which was beautiful. The menu had a number of really great and reasonably priced lunch options, many of which were vegan and vegetarian. In fact as a vegan I had a hard time making up my mind (a very rare thing for us vegans trying to dine out). The service was great too. We will certainly go back the next time we are in Laguna.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were walking past at about 4pm one afternoon on our way back to our hotel. We wanted to stop somewhere for a drink. GG's Bistro's prices were so outstanding that we stopped and had a meal and a cocktail each in the afternoon sun, right beside the Pacfic Coast Highway. Highly recommended!