“Great Laguna location”
Review of ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach - CLOSED

ROCK'N FISH - Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Deerfield, Illinois
“Great Laguna location”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The Laguna location is on the 2nd floor across the street from the beach. Request a table at the window for a nice view. Fish entres were very good and the menu is interesting with variety. Warm restaurant with friendly staff.

Forest Grove, Oregon
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Tried to go to Nick's, but too loud, dark & noisy. This was next door with no 45 min. wait for table. I haf the Irish stew, my wife had the salmon, both excellent. 2nd story view of ocean , nice atmosphere. Avg about $20 per person for dinner. Would go again.

Joliet, Illinois
“Staff was ignorant”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Food was very good, a little pricey but worth it if the staff was not so terrible. They tried to seat 6 of us in a booth built for 4. When we requested a table, it was not received well by the hostess. Then 10 minutes later we saw her do the same thing to another party of 6. Think she would have got the message the first time, or was it the first time? Talked with the owner and he was very nice and appologetic.

Visited March 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great beer selections”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Great beer selection. The service was a bit slow but it was almost closing time.

Visited January 2012
California
“Could have been better.”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Had a long weekend getaway in Laguna Beach and this was our first stop -

FOOD - 3.5 stars. 10 ounce Aged Filet Mignon was a 4 stars in our book, tender and seasoned just right. I'm not sure if I tasted a hint of garlic but it has a mysterious taste which I enjoyed. The King Salmon however was mediocre. It was cooked well but flavor was not impressive. Just okay. Food preparation was average. Nothing to brag about.

SERVICE - 2 stars. COLD, non-chalant, unfriendly but not necessarily rude. We did not have time to change travelling clothes after a long drive to Laguna Beach; it was getting late and we have a toddler with us so we decided to just brave ourselves to see if this restaurant would give us a table without reservation. The first hostess informed us with a sigh that we needed reservation but as we were about to leave, the manager called us back and told us, we can be accommodated. I should have known better and should have continued walking out as our experience here was somewhat uncomfortable. The servers demeanor felt like we owe them for taking us in without reservation. Or maybe it's because we were not dressed to impress? Our server was not only unfriendly but also unattentive. She sounded and looked like she was bored when she was with us. I really should have walked out of here when I had the chance...

ATMOSPHERE - 2 stars. Dim lit... appears darker to me.... gloomy, sad....appears cold. To be honest with you, I'm sure their decor is well designed, furniture looks nice and well placed but the overall atmosphere of a restaurant or any establisment for that matter always reflects the employees disposition and vice versa. In this case, since the servers (all around) were cold and unfriendly, that is also what I would rate the atmosphere to be.

PRICE VS. PORTION - 2.5 stars. Average portions per serving. The price would have been acceptable had the experience been friendlier or fun.

BOTTOM LINE: Though, the age filet mignon was awesome, I will not be back here due to the poor service and unfriendly faces.

• Visited May 2011