“Bliss.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Laguna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
The Pearl Laguna
You added The Pearl Laguna to your Saves list
Corona del Mar, California
“Bliss.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Love-love-love The Pearl Laguna. Superb program. Fantastic yoga. Delicious food. Wonderful accommodations. Positive energy. The Pearl Laguna is all that and more. I didn't want to leave! Pure and simple: Geo and Katresha are the real deal. I left feeling healthy, renewed and on a great path. I'm going back for sure.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank M N

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My experience at The Pearl Laguna was something I will never forget. Having just returned from my retreat, I feel completely invigorated. This was just the type of jumpstart that I needed to get back into my fitness routine.

I thoroughly enjoyed all the yoga, Tai Chi and fitness classes. I appreciated the attention and guidance from Geo, Katresha and all the staff. They seemed to know just what I needed at any given time. On the trails, the guides were always encouraging and intuitive, giving me space to walk on my own (even though they were always close by) when I needed to be alone with my thoughts.

The accommodations were comfortable and inviting. The food was delicious.The massages were wonderful. My overall experience was fantastic. I wish that I could have stayed for an additional week.

My best to everyone at The Pearl - until next time!

James H.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank James H
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was convinced to try The Pearl Laguna after calling and having a fairly detailed conversation about the program. I was assured that although the activities are all done in a group, each person's experience is customized to their level of fitness etc. by the multiple guides on each activity. This was totally false!

If you're slower/out of shape, you get LOTS of personalized attention... but I was walking at a moderate pace on the hikes and was alone most of the time and even was lost for over an hour one day before one of the guides found me. Not cool since they made such a big deal about the mountain lions on the trails etc.

Yoga instruction was marginal at best. If you worship at the alter of Geo and Katrisha and gush over them, you will get lots of personal attention and assistance. If not, you're on your own! You have to marvel at her personal story of the car accident, and listen to their friends try to sell you products in the evenings (these presentations are at meal time, so if you want to eat, you have to listen!) Supposedly all meals are taken together, but several guests were mysteriously able to eat in their rooms.

I was also told that a full week was 'required' and so that is what I booked/paid for... only to learn upon arrival that several others had negotiated partial week visits!

On a positive note, the food was delicious (if sparse) and I felt cleansed. The massage services are also outstanding.

For the money, I expected FAR better service overall and left feeling overwhelmingly disappointed. A real 'bait and switch' from what I was sold on in the beginning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
15 Thank Diana F
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

I found The Pearl looking for local yoga retreats on Google.com, and am so thankful that I committed and made the investment. I was looking for a getaway and a place that would give me a kick-start to lowering and/or eliminating some habits I had formed that I felt were doing me a disservice. This is what The Pearl offered me. It gave me exactly what I needed: the education, the vigorous exercise boost, the freedom to think, to let go, to cleanse, to detox, and just the feel-alive experience...and all in a comfortable, homey, wonderful and luxurious setting. The entire staff was attentive, and Geo and Katresha were extremely knowledgeable and professional, but at the same time felt like family (which was great since it was over Thanksgiving). The small group of 10 that shared the experience with me was also fantastic, supportive and just fun to be around. I loved all the fresh flowers and herbs, and the hikes were really beautiful, and the yoga sessions were fantastic. The food was light, but impressive. I loved the infrared sauna, and getting a daily massage and facial combined with the positive support was icing on the cake. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank brittneycj
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

It's now late June, and I went to The Pearl mid-March. As an athlete of a normal, healthy, fairly steady weight, I was nervous about the reviews re weight loss - not something I particularly needed to do (though losing 5lbs wasn't going to hurt). I was looking for a yoga vacation, I love to hike, love vegetarian food, wanted to be outside (given our N.E. winter, it was time for warmth, birds and flowers!), needed to jump start fitness, and figured a cleanse could be interesting. Portion size was a challenge, and I would not recommend going to anyone with a borderline eating disorder! It felt restrictive at first, and yes, I was hungry by day two. Trusting in Geo and Katreesha worked, however. They guided, loved and cajoled. Their staff was *outstanding* (Thank you, Dana, Sarah, Dave, Nick, Barbara, etc). Sarah exuded positive vibes, Barbara created exquisite table settings, and Nick even made weight lifting fun (!?). Food was delicious and healthy, rooms were beautifully clean (with fresh flowers daily - a real treat), massages therapeutic and healing, and the non-chlorinated pool/hot tub great (sauna, too). Fellow travelers were interesting and varied in experience, background, age and fitness (don't think you have to be super fit to go. You just need to want to be fully active while there). One review said "why spend the money when you can do it on your own?" Yes, it's expensive (with one hidden cost: gratuity for massage therapists and staff). But you could not do what they do on your own given their attention to every detail and the quality of the people and amenities. You can focus on whatever it is you came there to do. I went to be outside and active in the middle of winter. I waited this long to write a review b/c I wanted to see if the experience "lasted." It has. The physical activity is centering, and habits started there (in my case I didn't think I'd make it through w/o morning toast and coffee) have endured. I haven't wanted caffeine since returning, and have switched to hot lemon water followed by mixed fruit for breakfast. Yoga continues, and Geo's focus on opening the chest ("good, good, good!") and standing postures translates into daily life and work. I am training for my first triathlon knowing that the Pearl kick started a reprioritization. Work is more balanced with life, relationships, time for self and exercise. That is a direct result of fully immersing in the program at Pearl Laguna. It is challenging, and it's 100% worth it. While I wasn't sure when I left after a week (and three-day extension), I would love to go back again.

Room Tip: I stayed in one of two "little gem" rooms, which are slightly less expensive. Each has a t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank 2013JCB
Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Everyone said, what are you thinking going to a Detox Bootcamp for your honeymoon? We had a great experience and enjoyed the daily challenges of hiking in Laguna. Dave being an ex pro football player and a USC player, thought this would be a piece of cake! He was wrong, they made sure to challenge him :) but also it can be tailored to one's level of health and physical activity too so no matter what it is right for you! The service, staff, and food were wonderful. Instructors all live their regimen daily to what they prescribe to healthy living, it has been a few weeks now and we have definitely made life style changes with tips we learned. Dave lost 14 lbs and I lost 3 but we both lost 20 inches which is what counts!!! It was a place we will return to! Love Geo's Power Yoga!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine G
New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a fantastic experience and a true transformation. Health is key and I learned so much. Geo and Katresha are great yoga teachers, nutrition experts, warm and guiding hands in a journey to health. Fantastic hiking, a beautiful setting. Can't recommend it highly enough. Just go!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo