Tripadvisor

“Pricey but excellent”

South of Nick's Mexican Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #33 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Tried it for the first time today for lunch. Daniel, our server, was great! Attentive and informative as well as friendly. Made us feel very welcome. Had the carnitas plate and it was a lot of food but delicious. The chips and salsa are also excellent and they give you 3 different levels of spiciness. The view from this 3rd floor restaurant is outstanding so the ambiance as well as the food are worth it.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed December 23, 2019 via mobile

Had a holiday lunch with a girlfriend today and this place is delicious. First time here and I would definitely go back. We started with the queso ... so good and it comes with mini tortillas instead of chips. I ordered the chicken chipotle and my friend had the combo plate with a taco and enchilada and we shared the churros for dessert. The food was really good and generous portions. My husband is enjoying my leftovers for dinner right now, which is what reminded me to write this review. It’s a higher end Mexican restaurant, our entrees were $20-$25 each but definitely a nice dining experience, good service and good food. We thought it was perfect for our holiday outing.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 17, 2019

South of Nicks is nothing short of 5 stars in every way, from location to food to service which makes it a great place for special occasions but everyday dining as well.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 26, 2019 via mobile

Our visit featured delicious spicy Mexican food, exceptional service from the moment we walked in the door, and the location is great for a walk along the beach after dinner.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 28, 2019

Fresh and delicious! My husband had ceviche, which was out of this world! It's not on the menu, but we were told by a local you can ask for it. I had short rib tacos with corn tortillas (GF). So good. The JALAPEñO WATERMELON Margarita is to die for!!! It's sooooo good. Service was excellent! When the bar got busy, management and others jumped behind the bar to help out.

Date of visit: September 2019