“Chilled relaxed eating environment”
Review of Sushi Laguna

Sushi Laguna
Ranked #90 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Chilled relaxed eating environment”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This was sooooo reasonably priced. Just wished we had sushi like this in the uk. The portion were big too.

Visited August 2013

Marion, Illinois
“Sushi is always better right off the PCH”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Wow. As a Midwesterner I am always looking for a good seafood place while on the coast and this place definitely fit the bill. We wanted a table fresco style because let's face it this place is right near the beach where you can eat sushi and enjoy that fresh ocean breeze.

I love getting soup at Japanese restaurants and this place had an amazing "Special Miso" with the catch of the day as it were. It was like drinking in the ocean. But a warning: you can probably share this very large bowl of soup with a companion if you want to save some room for the fabulous sushi to follow because this soup is so good you cannot stop eating and then BAM! no room for sushi which would definitely be sad because it is so delicious.

If my husband and I had the time we would have came back time and again trying different rolls because the menu is so extensive.

The staff made us feel welcome. It was like West Coast meets Southern Charm. I cannot say enough about how lovely my romantic night was at this place right near the beach.

• Visited October 2012
San Jose, CA
“Excellent sushi at a reasonable price”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Ate here twice - at the sushi bar - during a recent trip to Laguna Beach. I would describe this place as having excellent sushi where the fish portions are a bit on the smaller side. Hence the price per serving is not as high as other sushi places I have visited. I prefer it this way as it allows to me to order more dishes and eat a more diverse array of sushi.

The maguro, hamachi, salmon, and the unagi were all excellent. Special mention to the unagi, cucumber and avocado roll which I think was one of the best examples of this dish I have ever eaten. Had it each time I visited.

The decor is nothing to write home about and the location is tucked away on a side street. But the place is friendly and the atmosphere is inviting. Recommended !

• Visited July 2013
Hoover
“Best Sushi in Laguna”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have visited Sushi Laguna several times on trips to Laguna Beach. It doesn't disappoint. Small place with bar seating as well as table seating. Very friendly service. Great sushi. I usually let them pick something new for me that I haven't tried. That went well until the picked Uni for me. looks like peanut butter on top of rice. Oh, well…the fun is in the adventure. I will still let them pick for me next time.

• Visited February 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“Not bad. Pretty decent. Pricing not too bad either...”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not bad. Pretty decent. Pricing not too bad either... Haven't been in a while, but last time was good.

Visited January 2012