“Great service and bloody Mary's”

Watermarc Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermarc Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Santa Barbara, California
“Great service and bloody Mary's”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

My husband and I ended up at Watermarc after our first choice restaurant had stopped serving breakfast late on a Sunday morning. The Watermarc's outdoor sign for $5 Bloody Mary's was enough to get us in the door-- and they were exceptional (dilly beans, three different types of stuffed olives,, lime and a salted rim.... Awesome!) our server Kevin was friendly and animated host who gave us suggestions on his favorite menu items. He insisted I have the crab cakes Benedict when I was struggling to decide between another menu item. Then, when my order wasn't quite right, he comp'ed that dish from our bill. H was more dissatisfied than I was! But it's a sign of a waiter who really wants to make things right and give each guest a great experience. I'd return just to try more of the menu and have another drink!

• Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We asked for a nice table because it was our 25th anniversary and they seated us by the window up front. Best table in the house. I was very impressed. Drinks and food were outstanding. The herb-crusted lamb chops were amazingly good. A little on the pricey side for what you get, but the service and atmosphere was above reproach.

Visited July 2014
Celebration, Florida
“Very Good Restaurant and Concept”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We chose this restaurant because of Tripavisor ratings and are glad we did. The grazing items are a unique concept and the food choices are excellent. Started with the tomato soup which came with a small grilled cheese sandwich...excellent and the corn chowder which had popcorn instead of crackers. It was a nice combination. I also had the filet pot pie. It was filled with tender meat. My wife had the tuna with watermelon and cherry tomatoes that offered a wonderful blend of flavors

And to top it off the desserts were great. My wife had the lunch box which came with home made ding dongs and milk. She is still talking about it.

The only negative is that the front of a restaurant is a hangout for the kids that are at the ajoining bars. We had a late dinner so it may not be problem for earlier dining. Our waiter was great and went out a few times to ask them to leave.

Michael our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. It was one of the best meals we had in LA.

• Visited June 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't miss the ding dongs!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

We had a memorable mother-daughter sojourn in the area and as we were going to the Pageant of the Masters, my daughter suggested we have an early dinner at Watermarc as she'd eaten there in the past. We parked across from the theater and it was a 15 minute or so walk to the restaurant. There is downstairs as well as upstairs seating, and our table was located upstairs. As it was a Saturday night, you definitely needed a reservation. Wade was our waiter, a true delight, who definitely knows the meaning of great service. We decided to have small plates and share. We selected steak pot pie, sizzling shrimp (least favorite), corn risotto and fried goat cheese with apples and honey - corn risotto was the definite winner with the fried goat cheese a close second! We were honestly full, but when Wade asked if we wanted to order dessert, I said "only if there is something chocolate and decadent". When he suggested ding dongs, I was truly skeptical, but he insisted they were better than the original (which I never particularly liked) and he was right. Three homemade, fudgy ding dongs were wrapped in foil and served up in a metal lunchbox with a container of cold milk. What lusciousness! The Chef, Marc Cohen, is a creative genius. Watermark - a mark showing the greatest height - indeed - Watermarc continues to reach for the heights!

1 Thank JaniceA885
Los Angeles, California
“Good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Good service and good food !
I had friend from overseas, we both enjoyed, I am sure will come
Back again!