“Lucky Find!”

Watermarc Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermarc Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 172 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A casual conversation with a local led us to this restaurant and we were so lucky to have found it. This chef knows what he's about and has made a menu with terrific range. I chose 3 small plates which proves me a bit of a pig, but I couldn't decide. Each one was better than the previous and while I couldn't finish, I would have if I'd have had room. My companion ordered and was thrilled with Tomato Soup and Beef Shortribs, while I grazed through my BEET CARPACCIO with feta, shaved onion, walnuts and arugula, CARAMELIZED ONION,FIG,GOAT CHEESE, SPINACH FLATBREAD, and GRILLED AHI WATERMELON SKEWERS. Put it on your list.

There are newer reviews for Watermarc Restaurant

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had dinner here. Excellent food and very attentive staff. The manager checked on us a couple times. We sat upstairs and I felt a little suffocated by the small and closed environment, like sitting in a small noisy room. I would try to sit downstairs next time.

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

We discovered Watermarc on a ' half-price Monday'. It was bustling by 6, though we stayed ling enough to see it settle down by 7:30 or so. Salad and veggies were excellent. My filet was a little bland, but so is that cut of meat. Presentation was lovely, and the service was superb, especially considering how crowded it was.

But the people+ watching was the highlight of it all. This is a place that locals love and they were full of joie de vivre. It was contagious! I think that the ambience was a result of the warm and personal approach of Mark, who has a real reputation for friendliness and service. It shows in the happy atmosphere of the place. If I were a local, I'd be there every week!

1  Thank Jenna V
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I'm vegan and very often have to "settle" for some mediocre dish - I loved this place... first of all the waiter was super nice and helpful and truly went out of his way to accommodate me.. He asked what veggies I liked and if the chef could create/make something for me... Well he did a wonderful vegan dish of polenta, peppers, broccolini and corn... it was delicious, very tasty. The waiter (who was also the barman) came back several times to check on us. Smallish restaurant and atmosphere is "classy" and we'll be back again!!

1  Thank Lomena
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Watermarc looked like a wonderful place and it was recommended on several websites. The menu looked great, with some nice looking beef dishes. One problem was that my husband is a vegetarian, and there were no veggie dishes. The staff was super helpful and put together a veggie plate from their side dishes. We didn't expect the high quality and delicious flavor of the sides!! Corn risotto, broccolini with garlic & lemon, and roasted cauliflower. I had the filet Diane which was great, but this is the first time I've ever envied my husbands dinner! We were very impressed. It's crowded on the weekends, with a high noise level. I would not bring small children. Can't wait to go back!

1  Thank dcoalr