“A Diverse Culinary Mecca In Laguna Beach”

Watermarc Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Watermarc Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Laguna Avenue
Las Vegas
“A Diverse Culinary Mecca In Laguna Beach”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Starters menu was so fantastic we made a meal out of it and will be back for more!

Great atmosphere, upscale vibe and great service. Reservations recommended.

The variety of unique menu items is remarkable. We had the bacon wrapped dates, crab cakes, sizzling shrimp, lamb chops and shishito peppers; all appetizers but hearty enough to make a great meal for two. Plus we had the strawberry shortcake for dessert. Probably the only thing we would not order again were the flash fried shishito peppers only because it's a dish better suited to a larger group... they were good you can only eat so many of them.

All of that, along with two cocktails came to only $99 which is a bargain frankly for this type of restaurant and offerings in Laguna Beach.

Nice wine list and many high-end by the glass offerings via their CRU wine serving / preservation system.

We'll be back!

• Visited October 2012

• Korean first
San Clemente
“Better than McDonald's”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food at the Watermarc was acceptable, but definitely not as good as we were hoping for. The seating was a bit cramped and service not exceptionally personable on the busy Saturday night we ate here. I was intrigued by the Sea Bass with asparagus potato salad, but found myself leaving some of it behind on my plate. Overall, I have to add the Watermarc to the long list of other mediocre Laguna Beach restaurants we've eaten at.

Michigan
“Great service and great food!!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We went for lunch. My husband had the filet mignon sliders and I went with our waiters recommedation of short rib hoagie. We shared our meals and both were delicious. My husband said that the hoagie was one of the best sandwiches he has ever tasted. The prices were very reasonable for being the #1 restaurant in Laguna. Our waiter was such a foodie, he even had recommendations on what to try at the other restaurants.

Hollywood, California
“Good but not friendly”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Good food. Innovative and delicious. Tables much too close together though. Service is spotty and can be snooty. They are more impressed with themselves and should pay more attention to the patrons. I felt rushed. But the food is very very good.

1 Thank David C
Hamersville
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When I first walked in, I thought it was much more casual than I expected....and it was casual, but in a great Southern California way! The food was AMAZING! I had blackened salmon and it was absolutely wonderful!