“Comforatable Enjoyable Dinner Experience”

Nirvana Grille - Laguna Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Nirvana Grille - Laguna Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 168 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Beach & Broadway
Transit: There is a public transport drop off at the main Laguna Beach depot 100 Yards East of the building.
Description: Our Laguna Beach location is ideally situated blocks from both the beach and the historic art festivals. Close to all major access points it is poised to provide a fantastic dining experience with quality and conscious food. The rhythm of our Laguna restaurant is lively, upbeat and with the addition of a full service bar, a hot spot for locals and tourists alike. Our communal bar tables provide the opportunity to meet your neighbors, while our intimate booths offer more privacy for small gatherings and our ‘Chef’s Table’ allows groups of 12 and under to enjoy Semi- private dining. Our “Bliss Bar” Rooftop Patio with a peek-a-boo ocean and city views, offers the perfect experience with al-fresco evening dining or cocktails & appetizers in our lounge. This location is available for any & all private events for lunches, dinners, or cocktail receptions. Available for Showers, Weddings, Corporate Events, Special Occasions, Large Parties, or just dinner for 2. Our philosophy begins at the local level working closely with area growers and the highest quality purveyors to ensure that our predominately organic produce, meat, wild fish & free-range chicken are provided. Nightly specials include: Tuesday: Local’s Night (20% off), Wednesday: Wine Night (Complimentary Corkage-2 bottle maximum), Thursday: 3 course $30/40 Prix Fixe Menu, Sunday: $15 Chef's Special. We also offer Happy Hour all night, at our communal bar area, including 50% off salads, soups and appetizers (not including protein add-ons).
Newport Beach, California
“Comforatable Enjoyable Dinner Experience”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This lovely small restaurant has been a favorite of my wife, pre-show at the playhouse, for years. She finally convinced me to go to a show and we invited friends, long time Laguna residents to join us. They also had never been there. It was a great experiance and we had wonderful food and great service. Our lovely server stayed concious of our need to get out in time for the show. Portions were generous but not too much to be uncomfortable. My only suggestion is they could use a few more wines under $50.00 on their wine list.

• Visited January 2014

Laguna Beach, CA
“Excellent food and great service too”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We're locals and haven't been to Nirvana Grille for several years. We recently tried it again and it was fabulous -- I've now been twice in 3 weeks. Really a winner. The food is outstanding, the service superb, the presentation excellent, the prices fair, and the atmosphere quite nice. We ate upstairs last time (there are no "walls" -- only tarps, which might be fine in the summer but was a bit chilly in the fall -- although they offered us a huge space heater); the second time we ate indoors (I liked the downstairs atmosphere better). I had an excellent vegetarian "burger" the first time (with superb sweet potato fries); the second time I had beef ribs and my husband had scallops, and we loved both our dishes. For starters my husband was a big fan of the clam chowder; I had unique and delicious pita "fries" and hummus. Our desserts each time were superb (gelato trio; rhubarb pie). Reservations are recommended. Parking is available in the small lot nearby. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited October 2013
OC, CA
“A gem”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was a delight. One of my daughters is a vegetarian who doesn't like spicy food. It has been a challenge to find good restaurants that give her options but still allow the rest of us our meat, fish or chicken. This place does. We enjoyed the blue cheese fries, more than enough to share with a group. I had the sea bass and thought it was perfectly prepared. My daughter had the ravioli that was great. My husband had the risotto. He loves risotto and found it too cheesy. I am not a risotto fan and absolutely loved it. The apple pie was very good as were the cocktail. I think our waiter was the best I have had in a long time. Is it the best meal I have ever had, absolutely not. But for the local restaurant with fresh food, a true gem.

• Visited October 2013
US
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Great menu, atmosphere, service. I really can't say enough about Nivana. It is one of our favorite restaurants in Laguna for very good food.

Visited September 2013
Laguna Beach, California
“GO THERE...now!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Every single time I have been into this restaurant it has been an absolute delight. I cannot begin to tell you how special this restaurant is to me and my family. The chef loves beautiful ingredients and wants to share it with her diners. The vegetable platter is to die for. Order as an appetizer or as your meal with a protein addition. And may I say, the wait staff is so professional, kind and caring. I have never had any issues with them and felt so taken care of every single time I have been in. And I have been in a lot over the last few years. This is a beautiful dining experience and we are lucky to have this restaurant in Laguna Beach. Go there...NOW!

• Visited March 2013